cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What gets refunded when I return a phone from a hardware upgrade?

rogque
I'm here a lot

Let's say it's a $30/month financing charge for the phone I upgraded to (aka $1 per day basically). But after 20 days, I return it (30 day return window if done online). Would I still be on the hook for paying those 20 days aka ~$20 worth? Or do I get that credited back entirely too?

Also, if my bill came out with the financing charges on there, any idea how soon the charges such as the $50 or $60 setup fee + the financing charges get refunded? Like how long approximately after the package shows it's delivered to the warehouse is it actually processed and off the account?

I know that it's highly likely to reflect the return and reversal of the upgrade by the next bill... although I know that usually you will see refunds and credits hit the account balance before the bill actually comes out (ex. when I first joined and had 4 activation fees, before my bill even came out, the account balance showed minus $226 ($50 x 4 plus taxes).

**Labels Added**

1 REPLY 1

Re: What gets refunded when I return a phone from a hardware upgrade?

RogersJo
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Greetings @rogque

Thanks for your post and your contributions to the Community! 👌 I found some helpful information with regards to our 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee window:

Credits apply for the following charges, if applicable:

Full refund of setup fees
Full refund on device payment -customer must return device in good working condition
Full refund on customers monthly service fees from the time of activation to the time of cancellation (one time charges such as wireless long distance, content purchases, pay per call services and add ons are excluded)

Early cancellation fees
Rogers Setup Service Fee
Any device fees paid upfront at time of purchase

Once we receive the return which takes about 7-10 business days to our warehouse (assuming you have the return kit already and are ready to go) the eligible charges (such as the set-up fee and etc) would then be reversed at that time in the event that it meets the eligibility requirements.

I hope this is more clear!

Regards,

RogersJo

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation