COVID-19 and Data Restrictions Still on Hubs/Cell?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: COVID-19 and Data Restrictions Still on Hubs/Cell?

Please let us know what you find out from the rep.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

News Flash...Bell offered people around me additional Flex Data on their Hubs. It shows up as a separate circle in their app and shows additional data to be used in addition to their allotted data. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Bell is offering 10GB free and 10$ credit.  Not much but at least it's an acknowledgment.  https://www.bell.ca/Covid-19-update.

I'm not even asking for unlimited access, just a break on over-usage fees.

Meanwhile on Rogers i'm forced to physically turn off my modem over night and do other extreme measures to cut down on bandwidth.

What is the offer for 100GB for 150$ mentioned earlier in this thread?

Looking forward to Rogers doing the right thing.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah I'd take that offer of 100G for $150. 

I wondered myself about shutting off the HUB physically at night. All the machines that access it are cut off, as in shut right off. I likely should start doing that. 

Oh and the rep I spoke to earlier this week who said that HUBS were included in that email we all got? Yeah, buddy was reading from the wrong script. Rep I spoke to yesterday(after over an hour online) said, " we apologize for the misinformation'. UGH!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

SaskTel just did it.
"Data overage charges waived – From March 17 to 31, 2020, we'll be automatically waiving all data overage charges for wireless (postpaid and prepaid) and fusion Internet customers to ensure those working and studying from home and remotely can use as much data as they need. (Customers on unlimited wireless rate plans and unlimited fusion Internet plans will still have data usage limits.)"
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Rogers, I am SO disappointed in you!  

No other options are currently available to us and so we "choose" to subscribe to your mobile internet with the rocket hub.  The prices we pay are RIDICULOUS to say the least.  You continue to improve services for those who already have great services and forget about us who have no other options.  

I have a university student who must continue her studies from during COVID-19.  This week, she has 2 midterms to complete online in addition to various other assignment.

My high school aged son also has assignments to complete during this time.

As well, I am a teacher who is expected to prepare appropriate content and learning resources to share with my students online.  This requires a lot of time online and streaming to find the appropriate tutorials and videos.

In addition, none of my three children can indulge in a little social media interaction with their friends nor can they stream movies or music while we remain socially distant/quarantined for the following weeks.  

Basically, I have the choice to throw this semester's tuition investment out the window by allowing my daughter to fail her classes OR I could man up and pay my next bill which will likely find itself around the $800 to $1000 dollar range?

How on earth do you consider this acceptable to your loyal customers? You could choose to do so much better!

So disappointing and infuriating!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

As like Za19 I'm sitting here wasting data every so often looking at the silly Data Usage App (rinse repeat for the last past Decade). 

Running around with a yard stick and striking the hands of anyone that uses Youtube or any click that daringly defines the myriad of rules that we as users of anything remotely in the area where Telcos created their retirement fund zone which is us in the rural area. It's been Decades people that they've built a barrier to NOT include us as users where there could be what can be referenced as "a cost of living increase" in terms of usage. We've never had even a morsel of allotment to keep with the changing bandwidth changes. What they see is a bigger bonus to line the companies profit with each progression to user interaction. The standard they say is 10 gigs then overages afterwards of substantial proportions, a user in an area served proper usually is allocated upwards from 400 Gigs of normal usage then get a gig of extra use for around .25 cents versus 4 to 5 dollars on the Hubs. 

What a skew of numbers don't you agree. Then there's the recent notice that allowing users on Hubs to have more usage will impact the safety of Cell users and the Emergency services? Not really, lower the usage to 10 or 5 Megs of download rate and not the full LTE 25 Meg or higher rates and offer the package to include 500 Gigs of usage and throttle to 2 Megs download rates afterwards. 

They're doing it elsewhere so it's not new AND it's working.  Friends out West use it also with other carriers and it works great. 

So back to running around the house with Yardstick! I'm really done having to run around the house after 10 years especially now in this unique time we're in and babysitting the data app. ENOUGH. It's measly so UP the usage to what is normal and for the PRICE we pay! 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

This is very unfair to rural subscribers who are have no choice and are paying exorbitant fees for very little service. In these times I need to be connected, it's a matter of life and death. Please reconsider this policy.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Still no response from Rogers! Why am I not surprised?

This is what a lack of competition looks like. Also a lack of compassion.

I'm not the least bit surprised that Rogers doesn't mind profiteering from

this current crises but what does surprise me is that despite all the messages on their forums

they haven't even bothered to post a response.

Why not just freeze the caps at 100GB and be done with it.

If people abuse it put it back.

Very, very disappointed.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Mobile Data Overages during COVID-19 crisis

Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I was just wondering why Rogers is not offering unlimited data on their mobile data plans during this COVID crisis like other providers? I have lookd through their website but theres nothing being offered. The only thing I saw was unlimited data for Home Internet (which most people already have).

I think the LEAST they can do is double everyones data during this time, for no extra charge.

Thanks