COVID-19 and Data Restrictions Still on Hubs/Cell?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: COVID-19 and Data Restrictions Still on Hubs/Cell?

In my honest opinion I'd prefer Rogers to be the Rural Broadband opponent that gets government approval to initiate the Broadband Initiative that is coming to many areas shortly. I realize the Xplornet and Bell are heavy handed in this right now with Xplornet expanding 25/50 Meg fixed LTE wireless unlimited packages and of course Big Blue ever so gently tapping their toes to the tune of getting every morsel of money from the public till forced. Yet Big Blue is gearing for expansion in our areas in fact had a big hand in laying fiber on a large Island near me which is dumbfounding but rumor had it this was spearheaded due to a gov't insider residing there and had first hand news whom to contact to obtain the legalities to push that rural expansion project!
Regardless it is coming sooner than later and with COVID it unfortunately is front and center to that initiative being a necessity rather a luxury!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone heard from Rogers yet! Did I miss something? This forum has gotten quite!

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Personally I have not heard anything directly from Rogers.  I have asked through online chat and twitter a couple of times and all I get is the canned message "when we have updates on what we are doing for our customers it will be available in our COVID-19 section".  I see some people have called and received a one-time $30 credit but no one should have to call. Bell has already offered some relief for their rural customers, it's the right thing to do.  If we had a choice I would not be using this service but unfortunately the only other option is Xplornet satellite -eeewww!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers shouldn’t be taking this long to help their clients out! The ones who pay the most and charged the most for over usage, it’s just crazy. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think they are going to do anything to help us. Rogers is just money hungry , robbing the customers that have no choice but use their services and they know it. 😡😡😡😡

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So true this article! Each little bit of news (headline news) helps! It's beyond me how in the comment section in this article that the city dwellers became adamant that it's an entitlement to only have the internet and all it's service levels available to city people only. Why is that and what is the divide all about? 

To the other posters in here wondering if you missed out on any news if Rogers did anything to alleviate us, the answer is as what would be expected and that's nothing yet. You'd think a world crisis should have an effect on connectivity, perhaps it has but to the forgotten it's been another cruel joke. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Some countries have no caps, all included, high speed cell plans for as little as $24.00/ month.
I have Canada wide calling and recently received an email saying long distance would be waved due to the Covid_19 pandemic.
That's great. But wouldn't more free data be a more appropriate gesture?
Thanks for nothing.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well I don't know if anyone is still interested in what happens on this issue (or if they have given up) but I did follow up with Rogers Management Office today, after giving them a very generous two weeks to come up with some sort of solve.

They have had a month to monitor the network and see how the added rural demand affects their network and infrastructure, so the fact that they have not yet updated their Covid page (or replied to this thread) to speak to Rocket Hub customers, after having announced swift assistance for other customers, speaks volumes.

The representative I spoke today said that I would receive a call from the Office of the President in a few days. Will see what happens then, but I am glad I will actually be getting a call from upstairs on this.

In the meantime I have held off posting this link so I didn't fan the flames, but this is what Telus offers rural internet customers in my province...using a ROGERS' cell tower. The price difference is huge.

https://www.telus.com/en/ab/internet/smart-hub
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for doing the calling and hopefully you’ll get somewhere when/if you get that call back.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just checked out the Telus but unfortunately it says I can’t get it yet. But wow I would change in a heartbeat if I could.. I can’t believe the prices , sooooooo much better then Rogers 😡😡 is all I gotta say 😡😡