cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COVID-19 and Data Restrictions Still on Hubs/Cell?

RockinR
I Plan to Stick Around

For the home hub users that are likely not included on the lifted data cap that "Home Internet" users have been gifted. I call it a "shame on you" Rogers for treating the rural folk as second hand citizens. 

You realize that the same people that exist in the rural areas that are forced to use the Hub as their " Home Internet " with the measly data cap for exorbitant price per gig are paying for a service also that is "Home Internet". 

What's it going to take to give the rural users a break? Extinction? 

***Edited Labels***

88 REPLIES 88

Re: COVID-19 and Data Restrictions Still on Hubs/Cell?

MKJB
I Plan to Stick Around
Please let us know what you find out from the rep.

RockinR
I Plan to Stick Around

News Flash...Bell offered people around me additional Flex Data on their Hubs. It shows up as a separate circle in their app and shows additional data to be used in addition to their allotted data. 

the
I'm Here A Lot

Bell is offering 10GB free and 10$ credit.  Not much but at least it's an acknowledgment.  https://www.bell.ca/Covid-19-update.

I'm not even asking for unlimited access, just a break on over-usage fees.

Meanwhile on Rogers i'm forced to physically turn off my modem over night and do other extreme measures to cut down on bandwidth.

What is the offer for 100GB for 150$ mentioned earlier in this thread?

Looking forward to Rogers doing the right thing.

Piratelabradors
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah I'd take that offer of 100G for $150. 

I wondered myself about shutting off the HUB physically at night. All the machines that access it are cut off, as in shut right off. I likely should start doing that. 

Oh and the rep I spoke to earlier this week who said that HUBS were included in that email we all got? Yeah, buddy was reading from the wrong script. Rep I spoke to yesterday(after over an hour online) said, " we apologize for the misinformation'. UGH!

MKJB
I Plan to Stick Around
SaskTel just did it.
"Data overage charges waived – From March 17 to 31, 2020, we'll be automatically waiving all data overage charges for wireless (postpaid and prepaid) and fusion Internet customers to ensure those working and studying from home and remotely can use as much data as they need. (Customers on unlimited wireless rate plans and unlimited fusion Internet plans will still have data usage limits.)"
Topic Stats