COVID-19 and Data Restrictions Still on Hubs/Cell?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: COVID-19 and Data Restrictions Still on Hubs/Cell?

Well they should do something for there customers there it’s been a lot of layoffs from work and people will be in hard financial situations

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

They are not responding here but they have made it clear in their FAQs:

"Will you be waiving data overages?

We are not waiving wireless data overages at this time, however, if you are already on a Rogers Infinite plan you have unlimited data, and do not need to worry about data overages. It’s easy to switch to an unlimited plan, simply login to My Rogers to get started."

Just verified with Rogers that this is not available to Rocket Hub users and when I forced the issue of helping their customers, they blew me off and ended the chat.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

This is ridiculous, my wife and I are now 100% telework, and the kids will be elearning, we’re going to be looking at a $1000 bill just to survive. Internet is no longer a privilege, right now it is an absolute necessity. I Rogers and Bell aren’t going to so something about this, CRTC really should. If telco’s cannot manage themselves and stop their monopolistic practices, then they should be broken down into smaller companies forced to compete for real.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Cmon Rogers, we’ve been waiting long enough. We all need your help and you have the power to do so but are choosing not to!!! You know how much you charge a month for this service and how often people go over their usage on a normal month before this PANDEMIC we are all going through. And now your going to allow for families to have outrages bills because of you money hungry pockets. Shame on you Rogers.. This needs media attention , Rogers needs to be shamed in the media.  I don’t know how to start something like that but I will happily do whatever I can. Rogers has been robbing me for way to many years!! 😡😡

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Rocket Hub Data Only Users

Why are the overage fees not being waived for Rocket Hub Users?   What is being done for them?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I’m sure they’ll claim tower utilization or fear of bandwidth constraints, but in reality they likely did the math. The goodwill of doing so wasn’t worth the money they would lose waiving those overage fees. So they opted to “give” services on home internet (which even they themselves admitted applies to a small number of customers) and long distance (almost irrelevant now with Zoom/Skype/Messenger/WebEx). So either the badwill has to ramp up (shame them into action), the government has to force them (but CRTC is toothless) or the taxpayers have to cover it (through some government package). But I’ll happily eat-crow if they prove me wrong.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep today and was told that they are giving a $30 reduction for hub users.  It is not automatic, you will have to call in and request it.  It is a one time only credit, not sure what monthly bill it can be applied on.  Seems a bit weird because the bill varies each month depending on usage.  Looking on the positive side 30 is better than zero..  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Get ready for it! Ontario Government just stated that schools closed till at least May 4th and online virtual classes will be used. Guess what, welcome to your new dilemma with data overages on top of the stress of just being at home online! 30 dollars is probable to 6 gigs over. I'm a compassionate user and I use a minimum of 3 gigs per day. My city counterparts that I've had use data traps to count their usage are well over 30 gigs a day! LOL. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah, sounds about right. 3GB per person per day, right now, with telework. With 2 kids in school we’ll be looking at 10GB per day, or 300GB in a month. 5GB of overage fees per GB... $30 only sounds good to people who are paying $60 a month for Internet. For us rural customers, $30 on our $1000 bill will be a cruel joke. And FYI, 10 GB per day includes throttling my own bandwidth so Skype and streaming video don’t try and go all HD on me and blow 30GB a day.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just spoke to someone from Rogers Management Office and relayed the challenges that Rogers Rocket Hub customers are facing, that Rogers has taken actions to aid other types of customers but not this group, that no official response has been given to this concern in over two weeks and that Rogers competitors in the marketplace have taken steps to assist their wireless data customers but Rogers so far has not and that we need answers and some real help.

The representative informed me that management has been working on what they will be able to offer to all Rocket Hub customers, that my concern would be directly forwarded to the Office of the President and that a response will be coming 'very soon'.

Not being born yesterday, 'soon' may not be as soon as we all would like and so I asked the representative to email me directly when the official word comes down. I will share that info here as soon as I have it.