New Rogers RF remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: New Rogers RF remote

Hello

What do you mean it doesn't work? Mine works with both my 4K boxes and my NB3 box. Including the old 8300 Sata PVR I have. ( The 8300 works as a normal remote and not as a RF.)
I Plan to Stick Around

I have 3 TVs in the house none of them work on RF! They work on IR BUT not RF!! I've called they've walked me through it (I can read) anyway you guessed it still doesn't work! 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @GKW1

Which Rogers box do u have? Nb3? RF mode only works for the 4K box and the NextBox 3. Older boxes won't have this feature. If the feature isn't working on ur NextBox 3.0 then maybe it's either the remote that's not communicating with the box or the box that isn't working properly for the RF mode.
I'm Here A Lot

Anyone know how when paired to an LG Smart TV you can activate the "Smart TV" function?  The WebOS interface?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @cfine

I don't believe you can unless it's a Harmony remote or any universal controller that can do that. I believe the new remote from Rogers can not do any smart features. I can't get it working on my 4K OLED and on my Sony 850D models. I spoke to LG and Sony and the Rogers remotes are only made to turn on the tv and change the volume and channel.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Too bad 😞 but the RF features are worth it.

Controls my soundbar too - Sonos.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @cfine

The remote is worth it. I like it. I use it in my bedroom on the Sony 55x850D. In the living room where I have my Sonos, 4K OLED I use the Harmony Elite remote.
I've Been Here Awhile

I just had a older NB3 fail 8 days before the end of my 3 year rent to own.

I had the box replaced today and it came with the 2125 remote which I haven't had before.

I programed the 2125 "Watch Cable" button to turn on/off my AV, TV and NB3.

That works fine.

But now when I press the "Audio" button it does the same thing as as the "Watch Cable" button.

It seems some how that the 2125 thinks the "Audio" button should be used as a master power....

Any ideas how I can prevent this?

I'm a Senior Advisor

Just curious. I own a couple of Rogers PVRs with the old 5-button remotes. If one of the remotes fails and I go to Rogers for a replacement, will I be limited to one of the new RF remotes?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

Found how to turn the Volume Lock off. I have the DVD button programmed as a second TV button. This worked for me:

1. With the volume locked to TV, press TV.

2. Press and hold Setup until TV flashes.

3. Press Volume -.

4. Press the second device you want to control. In my case, DVD

5. Press DVD, test volume.

6. Press TV, test volume.

Both TV and DVD now control the volume on their respective TVs.