New Rogers RF remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New Rogers RF remote

when I picked up the new remote they didn't ask for proof or id, they just handed it to me when I gave them the old one.  I tried to show them the email on my phone as I thought they would have to scan that bar code, but they said no, it's ok

so actually there's no record of me having this new one  LOL

I'm a Senior Advisor

@headhoncho wrote:

the remote they gave me for the digital adapter is the same as the other remotes they gave me for the NB2 & 3

Okay, that explains it. Mine has a simple remote like I showed.  It won't even turn the TV on and off, so I have to use 2 remotes.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

@headhoncho wrote:

when I picked up the new remote they didn't ask for proof or id, they just handed it to me when I gave them the old one.

That's good to know.  I know when I had trouble setting up one of my DTA remotes, Rogers exchanged it for a brand new one no questions asked. I guess they're an expendable item. The remote on my older 8300SD PVR is getting quite beat and when the grandkids finally destroy it, maybe I can exchange it for a new one.

I Plan to Stick Around

On the new rogers remote, you toggle through the video sources with the "video input" button, top left of the remote. Once you have picked your video source, the list of options remains displayed for approx 60 seconds. Wik the old remote the video source list disappeared after about 10 secs. Is it possible to adjust the time delayof the source list, as its kind of annoying to have the list covering half the screen?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi there Gas_Man, I find your problem quite strange and unusual at the same time.  Basically when you press the Video Input button (On the Rogers remote) it will access the input menu of your specific TV set. When you see this menu on your TV screen, you should be aware this msenu is a feature of the TV set only, not Rogers and so the time it takes for the menu to appear or disappear is not controlled at all by the rogers or the Rogers remote but its set by the TV manufacturer in the software / firmware of the actual TV Set. Rogers has no way of controlling this so it could be caused By something else.

I've Been Here Awhile

@cdagg wrote:

I just picked up the remote and got it all programmed with all my devices, but I am unable to change the input for my audio receiver.  With the old remote I just had to push the "AUD" button and one of the numbers to get the audio for my PVR or to change it for my Bluray, but now if I push a number it automatically switches to the Cable button and changes the channel.  Any way around this?

...where did you get the new remote ???

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Tominator

Which location are you in?
I'm Here A Lot

At a Rogers store in Ottawa.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @cdagg

Toronto stores do have some but it's hard to fine. Again it's due to the stock that it's low.
I'm a Senior Advisor

@headhoncho wrote:

the remote they gave me for the digital adapter is the same as the other remotes they gave me for the NB2 & 3

Maybe another reason Rogers has switched to providing a full function remote with the DTA is that there are more and more TVs that can't be set up to use the original smaller remote fully, like mine.