MyRogers Internet Usage Missing Data

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: MyRogers Internet Usage Missing Data

@Don_Ca wrote:  ..wife wants to take the girls to her parents cottage for a few weeks and work from there, but she needs to now how much data she needs so we can get the correct service there (wireless solution is only option). 

There is no data from March 13-June 30 since everyone was unlimited.  I assume they simply stopped tracking everyone.  There is (some) data now available for Legacy Internet users as I indicated previously. There appears to be no data for IgniteTV (Internet portion) customers at this time and there may not be in the future because it's also unlimited.  Even if there were data for IgniteTV customers, the TV portion (streaming the programming requires lots of bandwidth) would be included and the data would be next to useless because of the TV usage.  

The only thing I can suggest for your wireless estimation is to look at what you used before March 13 (I realize she may not have been working from home at that time). I also assume that you would probably not continue to use internet in the same way on a wireless platform because it's very expensive.  Are "the girls" going to be streaming or using the Internet? That would be very expensive on a wireless plan.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

We would use the date from before then if it was available. There is nothing, it is all gone and just generates an error.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Don_Ca wrote:
We would use the date from before then if it was available. There is nothing, it is all gone and just generates an error.

Of course.  I should have said if you have memory of what you used in the past. For example, I know that I always used about a GB per day and had numbers around 30 GB per month for many months.

For me this included computer software updates and Garmin map updates which could be 5-10GB in a single go.  I would assume that you wouldn't do that while on a wireless plan...  I know I would certainly alter my habits dramatically if I were to require a wireless connection, so the data from previous months would be pretty useless.

I'm not sure if this information will "come back" for legacy users, much less for those on IgniteTV.

An option may be to spend some time at a local coffee shop or similar where there is a WiFi connection.  I've done this while travelling since I don't have data on my PAYGo phone.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Another option is to utilize some software to track your current internet use.  I'm not familiar with it, but I recall it being available years ago. I believe it's also available on routers if you're using Ignite bridged to a router...

Someone else more familiar with that may have some suggestions... @Datalink  @-G- ?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am not bridged so that will not help, but hey it would be cool if Rogers had a tool to track that.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

Another option is to utilize some software to track your current internet use.  I'm not familiar with it, but I recall it being available years ago. I believe it's also available on routers if you're using Ignite bridged to a router...

Someone else more familiar with that may have some suggestions... 

I don't use any special tools to track bandwidth consumption so I am probably not the best person to ask about this.  I don't even use the MyRogers bandwidth tracking tool; the only time I do is when I try to confirm reports here of any anomalies.

@Don_Ca  My first recommendation would be for you to try reaching out to the @CommunityHelps  team to see if they can reach out to somebody internally to obtain some bandwidth stats for your account.  They may not be able to get Rogers to reactivate the bandwidth usage stats on MyRogers but perhaps they can find somebody who can obtain rough stats for the past week or month.

Keep in mind also that the MyRogers stats summarize all bandwidth usage, including that for the Ignite TV set-top boxes, so those numbers may not be entirely useful for what you want them for.

My other suggestion would be to see if you can get per-device stats through the Ignite WiFi Hub.  I don't think that the mobile app provides any numerical data but the https://ignitewifi.rogers.com web site may.  That could also be another repository of information that Rogers could query for you.

As for what other options are out there, I use enterprise networking gear and my WiFi access points can collect upstream and downstream bandwidth stats on a per-device basis down to the byte.

With parents being concerned about their kids' bandwidth usage, many consumer routers can provide per-device bandwidth consumption stats on their device management pages as well.

If you have a router running OpenWrt, you can install the collectd package and install plugins for whatever you want to monitor (e.g. collectd-mod-interface / iwinfo / network, and you will probably also need collectd-mod-rrdtool) as well as the luci-app-statistics package so that you can view graphs under the Statistics tab in LUCI, the OpenWrt web admin tool.  At the very least, you will be able to get high-level traffic usage stats.

I believe it's also available on routers if you're using Ignite bridged to a router... 

You may not even need to put your XB6 into bridge mode.  Just connect a router to the XB6 and then connect the devices whose bandwidth you want to measure to that router.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You missed earlier in the thread, where support and engineering cannot get the usage stats.

No available tool provided by Rogers at this point will access the info.

I would prefer to not make the network more complex, Rogers say they have to tool, so I do not think it is too much to ask for them to actually make it work.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Don_Ca wrote:
You missed earlier in the thread, where support and engineering cannot get the usage stats.

No, I saw what you wrote.  I can also say with confidence that your downstream and upstream bandwidth consumption (and a whole lot more) is being logged somewhere.  If you ask the right person nicely, you may be able to get the information that you are looking for.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have had someone at the Director level on the inside at Rogers ask. They were told it could not be found at this time.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi

We have Ignite w/ unlimited data. In the past, say up until March 2020, a graph or chart was availabe that showed this usage in Gb < daily and month by month >. Since then, I've been directed to the Ignite Hub site.

The data shown is as a percentage < no hard values > for the system ( w/ notations saying ' high ' etc. ) Question is : Can I get those hard numbers anywhere.

Representatives keep saying not to worry b/c you hav unlimited data. True, but for personal curiosity about our usage this update would be interesting < say for future package changes >