cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Rogers email account in Outlook

E-SK
I plan to stick around

Hi - When will it be possible to add Rogers' email account to Outlook? If I can add a Yahoo email account, why is it impossible to add Rogers?

*Your insight is appreciated.

**Labels Added**

95 REPLIES 95

Re: Using Rogers email account in Outlook

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are numerous recent posts regarding e-mail problems and the app password generator not working in this forum. The app password generator has been "down" for about 2 months.  An app password is required for Outlook with Rogers e-mails.  See threads below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Email-problems/m-p/506158#M74248

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Can-t-create-App-password/td-p/504809

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/MyRogers-Rogers-Apps/Rogers-App-Password-Generator/m-p/505006/...

I did not realize that Yahoo did not require an app password, or that their app password generator is working.

weegeordie
I plan to stick around

I just purchased a new laptop after mine died. Tried to add my rogers email to outlook 365 with no success. Tech support told me it's a known problem and to check back in a week or so to see if it is resolved.

I'm not finding a resolution. Does anybody know the status of a fix?

...thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@weegeordie : If you search this forum for "app password" you will find several threads on this topic.

1. There is no ETA for a fix.

2. There is no "resolution" other than to use a workaround like Webmail, Thunderbird, Mail on a device like iPhone or iPad, etc.  See the following thread if you need additional details.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Can-t-create-App-password/m-p/509678/highlight/true#M...

starbaby999
I've been around

Not only can't I see my In-box in Outlook, I also can't see all the emails that I have filed in folders that I created.  Is there any way to access them?

Could they be in Microsoft OneDrive?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@starbaby999 : The Rogers app PW issue should not have affected any of the files/folders that you made in Outlook on your computer.  They should all be there and you should be able to see anything, including what was in the Inbox, up until the time that the app PW issue affected you.

You may need to run Outlook in "offline mode" because it may be constantly trying to access your new e-mails, which it cannot do if your app PW is corrupt or not available.

In the worst case scenario, you should have the .pst file (or similar depending on the version of Outlook and whether you're running Windows or a Mac) on any backups that you did on your computer.  You do regularly backup your computer don't you?

josk
I plan to stick around

am having the same problem .. it's been a month now and same reason - having issues now and to call back in 20 days - and meanwhile I am not able to move to new laptop until this Rogers Outlook is cleared.  Big question -WHEN!!  

In fact, I had checked with Staples for help - answer No.  and also had called Rogers Corporate store - told to call Rogers 1-888 number.

Appreciate any help to fix this -- thanks!

arubafreddy
I've been here awhile

It is now July 2023. FIVE MONTHS LATER! How is it possible that one of Canada's largest internet providers has not fixed this problem? Because they do not care.  Back in February when this fiasco began, I spent hours on the phone waiting for tech support - several times. It was only in April that they admitted there was a problem on their end which would be fixed soon. Then they told me to check back in a week or so. It is their responsibility to inform us- not have us check in. I have wasted more time checking back. Now that they pushed us to their Yahoo Mail where we get to see all the ads they force upon us, their revenues have probably increased. Makes perfect business sense.  Outlook is where I want to read e-mails from my multiple accounts. Looking at other providers at this point. A mass exodus is in order.

qsgrampy
I plan to stick around

I am sorry to say that I think you are right. A mass exodus is the only way Rogers will wake up and do what they should have done 4 months ago.

sjspence
I've been here awhile
Same issue here. Have you had this resolved yet?

sjspence
I've been here awhile
Same. Looking at other platforms but thinking to switch everything to my gmail acct. refuse to use yahoo because of those ads. Who has time for that

sjspence
I've been here awhile
Have you heard anything? We keep getting “we’re aware of the problem”. I think they want everyone to use Yahoo mail which wont happen. Bell also looking good at this point. Hubby got a new laptop a few months before me and had no issues.

josk
I plan to stick around

I had a newer laptop and have been trying to move my Rogers Outlook to the newer laptop - been trying since Mat 2023 - told it will be resolved in a couple of weeks!  but I checked again yesterday - nothing in place - might take a while (believe it might be months!) - and was told to use the web browser for time being - without a timeline for resolving this Outlook issue - believe it might be better to move to Bell!!

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor
As has been mentioned time and time again move away from using ISP email. Perhaps it is a good time to do that.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, I'll never understand why someone would jump out of a frying pan and into a fire.  If you use an e-mail provider like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, or your own domain which may cost a few $ per month, then you'll never be tied to an ISP again and you can switch without e-mail address concerns if you move or for any other reason.  You can then keep your e-mail address "forever."

josk
I plan to stick around

hear you .. because all my mode of contacts is through Rogers Outlook (since 20+ yrs ago!!) - thus the hesitancy to switch to @sympatic, etc.  As of yesterday, this has not been resolved - and they do not not know when! .. this is Rogers - supposedly the biggest provider in Canada!!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@josk : This has been discussed extensively in various threads on this forum.  Quite a few people are affected. See the following thread where we have been discussing this since early March.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Can-t-create-App-password/m-p/504809#M73860

Some people are waiting for this to be resolved, some have switched to Gmail or other options since it's now been 5 months.  Apparently the latest version of Outlook using IMAP instead of POP3 may be an option for some people as discussed in that and other threads.

josk
I plan to stick around

thanks for info; unfortunately I am one of those tech dummies - where I am completely lost in any of the new technologies.  (Am in my 70's and it's tough for me to attempt new technologies, and am more comfortable in what I have been using for the past 20 years!), but at same time, I hear you - thx!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@josk wrote: ....Am in my 70's...

As am I.  Age is not, and should not, be an indicator of perceived intelligence, be it technical or otherwise.  Learning new things has been proven to be good for the brain.  Whether people do that is obviously up to them.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Am not far behind at 67.

My Mother in law who is 89, got her first samsung android phone last year. Has had a android tablet for 5 years and of course has had a PC for many years.

So age is an excuse. Take a technology course at the library, free.

akahan1
I've been here awhile

I guess with the acquisition of Shaw and some staff elimination the people that knew anything left and those that didn't stayed behind. I really cannot believe that a company the size of Rogers would not have IT staff that could fix the problem. I guess customer service is not high on their list. Maybe they now have too many customers and this is one way of getting rid of some.

Topic Stats