Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Network Architect
Network Architect

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Cheenu89 wrote:

July 4/2016

Hello

Please push the old software back onto the modem as referred by one of the agents. This is an urgent request as all of my devices are disconnected right now.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Cheenu89,

Are you refering to devices unable to connect to a Chromecast or another issue? If the problem you are experiencing is with Chromecast, we can assist you by upgrading your modem to a newer firmware as part of the ongoing trial. To participate in the trial, please send a PM to @CommunityHelps

For more information on our Private Messaging system, visit this link here.

If your issue is different, please provide some details and a member of the community will try to assist you.

I've Been Here Awhile

I did restart internet but the devices are still not connecting. How do i log into the modem? 

Datalink wrote:

Jasleen, can you edit your post and remove your last name and phone number for your own online privacy and security.  Have you tried a modem restart, that is, unplug the modem power adapter, wait for about 10 seconds and plug it back in.  That will force a modem restart which should reconnect your devices.

After that is done, and presuming that everything reconnects, can you log into the modem and let us know what Software Version (Firmware) is currently indicated on the STATUS page that comes up automatically when you log into the modem. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

To log into the modem, on an ethernet connected pc or laptop, start a web browser and type the following address in the address bar:   192.168.0.1  and hit enter.  

That will bring up the modem login page which should allow you to log into the modem.  If that doesn't happen, my guess is that you would need to run a factory reset on the modem.  To do that, press the recessed reset button at the back of the modem for thirty seconds and then release it.  That will initiate a factory reset and reboot. Unfortunately that will also require you to reset the modem parameters, but it should get you up and running.

I'm Here A Lot

Hi there, I just sent a PM because I'm interested in the firmware trial. I need the chromecast fix.

Thanks.
I've Been Here Awhile

Please add me and sending me the updat firmware.

I am using Rocket Wi-Fi Modem CGN3ACSMR. It has serious issue with linking to Google Chromecast through wi-fi.  

Thanks a lot and look forward to hearing from you. 

Wayne 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gobywind please see post #63 on the following page for instructions to request trial version 4.5.8.22:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/342...

I've Been Here Awhile

I can't find post 63 in the link you sent to me. Would you please send me the correct link. Thank you!

I've Been Here Awhile

Here's what it's showing on my moderm: 4.5.8.21

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

On the page that the link takes you to, scroll up to Message #63 of 70.  That's my post that contains instructions for requesting 4.5.8.22

I've Been Around

Thank you! Looking forward to testing.