Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

No Internet

I'm in the formate trials and my internet just stopped working. All lights are green. The "@" which I believe should be blue is flashing green.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Eaglzfan I would give Rogers tech support a phone call and ask them what's going on. The @ light shouldn't be flashing, most likely a provisioning issue.

I Plan to Stick Around

I had this issue flashing @ and no Internet some time ago after swapping the modem. It's not hardware / firmware related. It's some account setup issue. It took Rogers 4 days after multiple modem resets, online troubleshooting to straighten it out at some higher support level. Get the ticket going right away. Call daily to get an update and push for higher priority.

I've Been Here Awhile

Great, thanks for the clarification!
I've Been Around

Spoiler

CGN3552. Recently lost my 5G connection, working to get it back. Perhaps this update would be beneficial.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@xHeshr can you have a look at the following post, specifically the comments on checking the wifi environment:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Rogers-Hitron-CODA-4582-Hardware/m-p/397159#M46192

First I would look to see who else I was competing with for clear channels, and I would also consider a factory reset.

I've Been Around

Hi,  would you help instruction with my request as I'm refered from other users?

Best regards,

Van Pham

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@VanPham to request the trial firmware follow this link @CommunityHelps to navigate to the @CommunityHelps page when you are signed into the forum.  On the right hand side of the page is a link titled "Send this user a private message".  Use that link to navigate to the next message composition page.  It will already be addressed.

1. Fill in the title with Trial Firmware Request.
2. In the text area, include your request, including the modem Model, MAC address and Serial number. The modem MAC address and serial number can be found on the sticker at the back of the modem, or copied from the data located in the Status page of the modem when you are logged into the modem.  The modem model will be found on the product sticker at the back of the modem. For the black modems it will be a CGN3xxx variation.  For the white modem, the model is CODA-4582.

Send that info to @CommunityHelps and you should see a reply later today.

When you're logged into the forum, watch for a number overlaying your avatar at the upper right hand corner. Follow the avatar link down to the message inbox to acknowledge the waiver that is required for the trial firmware. When that is acknowledged, you should see the firmware loaded later today or tomorrow.  When you know that the firmware has been loaded, as can be seen in the Software Version data on the modem's STATUS tab, reboot or restart the modem.  Pull the modem power, wait for 10 to 15 seconds and plug the power back in, which will result in a modem restart.  Don't run a factory reset as that will return the modem back to the current production version for that modem. 

I'm Here A Lot

I have the CGNM-3552 and Firmware 4.5.8.33

Signal strength seems to have improved, and the new functionality of being able to disable IPV6 is much appreciated.  So far, this is proving to be a very nice firmware.

Just one thing:  In future releases, you may want to consider setting the new feature of "SIP ALG" to Disabled by default.  It will cause dysfunction with many VOIP setups.

Thanks

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello I was told on the FIDO Forum I could request a firmware push for my router just needed to message @CommunityHelps as long as they know it's for a fido modem it just requires a bit of work on the back end

Coming on PPV!
Real Madrid vs. Atlético (Athletic) Bilbao Live
LIVE: Saturday April 21, 2019 10AM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499 | 391 (beIN English) 392 (beIN Spanish)
Price: $5.99 (HD) | $5.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $5.99 | (beIN subscription $14.99/mo.)
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Real Madrid faces Athletic Bilbao in a regular la liga league soccer match. Subscribe to beIN Sports for $14.99/mo. to get the game and more La Liga and international Sporting events.

Crawford vs. Khan Live
LIVE: Saturday April 20, 2019 9PM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $79.99 (HD) | $74.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $79.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Undefeated virtuoso Terence "Bud" Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs) will defend his welterweight world title against British boxing royalty Amir "King" Khan (33-4, 20 KOs) in a collision of superstars.