Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

The Rogers Community Forums has always played an important role in providing important feedback regarding our products and services. We are excited to offer our users an opportunity to participate in a trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACSMR, CGN3ACR and CGN3AMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). This program is exclusive to registered users of the Rogers Community Forums (space is limited).

The new firmware includes the following features and enhancements:

• IPv6 enabled by default
  • Security enhancements
  • Fix to preserve LAN connectivity in case of HFC outage or loss of signal
  • Addition of Wi-Fi Survey functionality
  • Improved stability of WPS function
  • Improved Wi-Fi performance
  • Various minor GUI changes and improvements

If you are interested in participating, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps with the subject line “Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”.  A member of our team will be in contact with you and provide you with further instructions.

We’re keen to receive feedback on this new firmware. Once you've received the new firmware, please provide your feedback directly in the FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial thread. 

Questions regarding this program can be posted below.

***Please note - you must be a registered user of the Rogers Community Forums in order to participate.  To register, please follow these steps.***

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

625 REPLIES 625

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Take a look at the following article and consider rolling back the update:

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/06/microsoft-rolls-out-not-one-but-two-bad-build...

Mythen
I plan to stick around
@Datalink I have two PC's running creative edition and no speed issues. It's benefit in running games is a question for debate. But speed issues are not an issue

Mythen

Hucklebury
I plan to stick around

Thanks Datalink

Not able to roll back, cleaned my Pc and deleted old windows 😞

I did make a recovery USB in the past. would that do the trick?

Have you looked carefully at the update page to see if it would allow you to roll back the update?  Understand that you did some housecleaning, but, I wonder if the files that were replaced by the update are stored in the same location as the old windows files.  

Eaglzfan
I plan to stick around

No Internet

I'm in the formate trials and my internet just stopped working. All lights are green. The "@" which I believe should be blue is flashing green.

@Eaglzfan I would give Rogers tech support a phone call and ask them what's going on. The @ light shouldn't be flashing, most likely a provisioning issue.

User1445713
I plan to stick around

I had this issue flashing @ and no Internet some time ago after swapping the modem. It's not hardware / firmware related. It's some account setup issue. It took Rogers 4 days after multiple modem resets, online troubleshooting to straighten it out at some higher support level. Get the ticket going right away. Call daily to get an update and push for higher priority.

ybc
I've been here awhile
Great, thanks for the clarification!

xHeshr
I've been around
Click here for details

CGN3552. Recently lost my 5G connection, working to get it back. Perhaps this update would be beneficial.

@xHeshr can you have a look at the following post, specifically the comments on checking the wifi environment:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Rogers-Hitron-CODA-4582-Hardware/m-p/397159#M46192

First I would look to see who else I was competing with for clear channels, and I would also consider a factory reset.

VanPham
I've been around

Hi,  would you help instruction with my request as I'm refered from other users?

Best regards,

Van Pham

@VanPham to request the trial firmware follow this link @CommunityHelps to navigate to the @CommunityHelps page when you are signed into the forum.  On the right hand side of the page is a link titled "Send this user a private message".  Use that link to navigate to the next message composition page.  It will already be addressed.

1. Fill in the title with Trial Firmware Request.
2. In the text area, include your request, including the modem Model, MAC address and Serial number. The modem MAC address and serial number can be found on the sticker at the back of the modem, or copied from the data located in the Status page of the modem when you are logged into the modem.  The modem model will be found on the product sticker at the back of the modem. For the black modems it will be a CGN3xxx variation.  For the white modem, the model is CODA-4582.

Send that info to @CommunityHelps and you should see a reply later today.

When you're logged into the forum, watch for a number overlaying your avatar at the upper right hand corner. Follow the avatar link down to the message inbox to acknowledge the waiver that is required for the trial firmware. When that is acknowledged, you should see the firmware loaded later today or tomorrow.  When you know that the firmware has been loaded, as can be seen in the Software Version data on the modem's STATUS tab, reboot or restart the modem.  Pull the modem power, wait for 10 to 15 seconds and plug the power back in, which will result in a modem restart.  Don't run a factory reset as that will return the modem back to the current production version for that modem. 

judochop
I'm here a lot

I have the CGNM-3552 and Firmware 4.5.8.33

Signal strength seems to have improved, and the new functionality of being able to disable IPV6 is much appreciated.  So far, this is proving to be a very nice firmware.

Just one thing:  In future releases, you may want to consider setting the new feature of "SIP ALG" to Disabled by default.  It will cause dysfunction with many VOIP setups.

Thanks

Jason10
I've been here awhile

Hello I was told on the FIDO Forum I could request a firmware push for my router just needed to message @CommunityHelps as long as they know it's for a fido modem it just requires a bit of work on the back end

Jason10
I've been here awhile
I tried sending my Modem info to the @CommunityHelps mod but the PM won't send, user is disabled from being sent messages??

Hey @Jason10,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I've doubled checked your profile to ensure all permissions are enabled, everything checks out fine. Can you try to PM @CommunityHelps again please? If you run into problems, let us know and I'll have Communityhelps reach out to you.

Cheers,

RogersCilio

Jason10
I've been here awhile
Hello @RogersCilio

There is no member with the username name: . Their names have been removed from the Send to list.

Is the message I get when trying to send them a PM

Hey @Jason10,

I had Communityhelps reach out to you. This may sound like a silly question, but by any chance are you including the @ symbol, followed by the username? If so, then that'll be the problem.

In the 'Sent to', don't include the @ symbol with the username. Just simply put in the username :).

Hope that helps!

RogersCilio

Jason10
I've been here awhile
Yes I did include the "@" in the username

donnelly_7
I'm here a lot
Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

donnelly_7