Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Hi, 

I would like to be apart of the trial for the new firmware. I have a CGN3ACSMR.

I've Been Here Awhile

Please send me the test firmware for my modem so that chromecast will work again.  I tried sending a private message but the address no longer exists. 

Please help

Hello, @MizzBowens@rchen1 and @apdamato

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for your interest in the firmware trial. Please send the CommunityHelps a private message to receive the firmware by following the steps below;

1. Click this link - CommunityHelps
  2. On the CommunityHelps' profile page which opens up, on the top right side click on "SEND THIS USER A PRIVATE MESSAGE"
  3. In the Message Subject box, please type in Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial and send the message

We will be in touch with you with further instructions until the firmware is deployed, thank you for your participation. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

PS: @apdamato, please try the steps listed above to send us the private message, thank you. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I just wanted to chime in here and thank the team at Rogers for pushing the new beta firmware to my gigabit modem.  So far so good!  I was having some issues on the old firmware - I was having issues with the wifi and also sometimes I was unable to access the firmware and I had to reboot the modem in order to get it to work.  So far everything seems great on the beta version.  Are you guys going to automatically keep pushing the latest firmware onto our modems?  Or is it only by request?  Thanks again!

Network Architect
Network Architect

@SickBeast wrote:

I just wanted to chime in here and thank the team at Rogers for pushing the new beta firmware to my gigabit modem.  So far so good!  I was having some issues on the old firmware - I was having issues with the wifi and also sometimes I was unable to access the firmware and I had to reboot the modem in order to get it to work.  So far everything seems great on the beta version.  Are you guys going to automatically keep pushing the latest firmware onto our modems?  Or is it only by request?  Thanks again!

As a member of the firmware trial program, you will always receive the latest firmware that has passed initial engineering certification. This certification validates that the modem can come online without issue and basic functionality.

The firmware program allows you to receive the latest firmware while we complete all other steps of the validation. It may take a few days to go through all participants when a new firmware is available (it is a manual process) but everybody will receive it.

In some cases, like for firmware 4.5.8.25, I may ask for some volunteers to receive the firmware while we are completing the initial engineering certification. I usually post these offers in the feedback thread.

If at any point you wish to remove yourself from the program (and return to the latest production certified firmware), you may do so by sending a private message to @CommunityHelps.

Dave

I've Been Here Awhile

Just wondering about how long it takes to get the process started? I had sent in the message and also included the mac ID, etc

I should expect a message back with instructions?

Thank you

Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Hey @hyttrrr,

We've received your request and will send the updated instructions shortly. 

RogersRoland

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Need help with chromcast setup  for firmware

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@briandubeau have a look at message # 471 (top post) on the following page for instructions on requesting the trial version, 4.5.8.22.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/348...

When you are sending the private message as indicated in that post, also log into your modem and copy the HFC MAC address and modem Serial number and paste that into the message.  The HFC MAC Address and modem Serial Number can be found on the STATUS page that is displayed when you log into the modem.  The Cable Modem MAC Address and S/N can also be found on the back of the modem.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey are you guys able to explain why I seem to be capped at 600mbps down and 20mbps up, even though my firmware is showing that my neighbourhood has been upgraded to the new "Casa" hardware?  I'm just wondering when I can expect to see the full gigabit speed.  Do you guys have any type of timeline or are you still just saying that we will all have it by the end of the year?  Thanks!