Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

The Rogers Community Forums has always played an important role in providing important feedback regarding our products and services. We are excited to offer our users an opportunity to participate in a trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACSMR, CGN3ACR and CGN3AMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). This program is exclusive to registered users of the Rogers Community Forums (space is limited).

The new firmware includes the following features and enhancements:

• IPv6 enabled by default
  • Security enhancements
  • Fix to preserve LAN connectivity in case of HFC outage or loss of signal
  • Addition of Wi-Fi Survey functionality
  • Improved stability of WPS function
  • Improved Wi-Fi performance
  • Various minor GUI changes and improvements

If you are interested in participating, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps with the subject line “Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”.  A member of our team will be in contact with you and provide you with further instructions.

We’re keen to receive feedback on this new firmware. Once you've received the new firmware, please provide your feedback directly in the FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial thread. 

Questions regarding this program can be posted below.

***Please note - you must be a registered user of the Rogers Community Forums in order to participate.  To register, please follow these steps.***

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

625 REPLIES 625

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Log into the modem and check the Software Version (Firmware) that is shown on the STATUS page that comes up when you log into the modem. 

Chand
I plan to stick around

Hi, I just got my new CGNM-3552 Router installed, but noticed that the software version is 4.5.8.19. How do i get the new trail version on the software installed on my router. I hope with the new trail ver (which I had on the old router Hitron CGN3ACR ), was working good. TheWiFi speed on the new Router really sucks.

Software Version 

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Chand, have a look at message # 471 (top post) on the following page for instructions on requesting the trial version, 4.5.8.22.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/348...

When you are sending the private message as indicated in that post, also log into your modem and copy the HFC MAC address and modem Serial number and paste that into the message. The HFC MAC Address and modem Serial Number can be found on the STATUS page that is displayed when you log into the modem. The Cable Modem MAC Address and S/N can also be found on the back of the modem.

Chand
I plan to stick around

Thanks. Just PM'ed you the same.

dallasdinatake
I plan to stick around
I would like to get the trial please and thank you 😉

dallasdinatake
I plan to stick around
I posted my info on here by mistake

huuu
I plan to stick around

how do wet that trial firmaware pushed? i requested a week ago...is it done automaticcaly? i keep checking my modem firmware and its still the same xxx.21 still

Hello, @huuu

Please check your Private Message box, CommunityHelps did not receive message back from you. Once we received all required information then we submit it for the firmware deployment, thank you. 

@dallasdinatake

Please follow the instructions posted in the Message 234 right above yours from @Datalink to participate in the firmware trial, thank you.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

MizzBowens
I've been here awhile

Hi there i will like to participate in the rogers firmware trial thanks.

rchen1
I've been around

Hi, 

I would like to be apart of the trial for the new firmware. I have a CGN3ACSMR.

apdamato
I've been here awhile

Please send me the test firmware for my modem so that chromecast will work again.  I tried sending a private message but the address no longer exists. 

Please help

Hello, @MizzBowens@rchen1 and @apdamato

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for your interest in the firmware trial. Please send the CommunityHelps a private message to receive the firmware by following the steps below;

1. Click this link - CommunityHelps
  2. On the CommunityHelps' profile page which opens up, on the top right side click on "SEND THIS USER A PRIVATE MESSAGE"
  3. In the Message Subject box, please type in Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial and send the message

We will be in touch with you with further instructions until the firmware is deployed, thank you for your participation. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

PS: @apdamato, please try the steps listed above to send us the private message, thank you. 

SickBeast
I plan to stick around

I just wanted to chime in here and thank the team at Rogers for pushing the new beta firmware to my gigabit modem.  So far so good!  I was having some issues on the old firmware - I was having issues with the wifi and also sometimes I was unable to access the firmware and I had to reboot the modem in order to get it to work.  So far everything seems great on the beta version.  Are you guys going to automatically keep pushing the latest firmware onto our modems?  Or is it only by request?  Thanks again!

@SickBeast wrote:

I just wanted to chime in here and thank the team at Rogers for pushing the new beta firmware to my gigabit modem.  So far so good!  I was having some issues on the old firmware - I was having issues with the wifi and also sometimes I was unable to access the firmware and I had to reboot the modem in order to get it to work.  So far everything seems great on the beta version.  Are you guys going to automatically keep pushing the latest firmware onto our modems?  Or is it only by request?  Thanks again!

As a member of the firmware trial program, you will always receive the latest firmware that has passed initial engineering certification. This certification validates that the modem can come online without issue and basic functionality.

The firmware program allows you to receive the latest firmware while we complete all other steps of the validation. It may take a few days to go through all participants when a new firmware is available (it is a manual process) but everybody will receive it.

In some cases, like for firmware 4.5.8.25, I may ask for some volunteers to receive the firmware while we are completing the initial engineering certification. I usually post these offers in the feedback thread.

If at any point you wish to remove yourself from the program (and return to the latest production certified firmware), you may do so by sending a private message to @CommunityHelps.

Dave

hyttrrr
I've been here awhile

Just wondering about how long it takes to get the process started? I had sent in the message and also included the mac ID, etc

I should expect a message back with instructions?

Thank you

Hey @hyttrrr,

We've received your request and will send the updated instructions shortly. 

RogersRoland

briandubeau
I've been around

Need help with chromcast setup  for firmware

@briandubeau have a look at message # 471 (top post) on the following page for instructions on requesting the trial version, 4.5.8.22.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/348...

When you are sending the private message as indicated in that post, also log into your modem and copy the HFC MAC address and modem Serial number and paste that into the message.  The HFC MAC Address and modem Serial Number can be found on the STATUS page that is displayed when you log into the modem.  The Cable Modem MAC Address and S/N can also be found on the back of the modem.

SickBeast
I plan to stick around

Hey are you guys able to explain why I seem to be capped at 600mbps down and 20mbps up, even though my firmware is showing that my neighbourhood has been upgraded to the new "Casa" hardware?  I'm just wondering when I can expect to see the full gigabit speed.  Do you guys have any type of timeline or are you still just saying that we will all have it by the end of the year?  Thanks!

rajan55
I've been here awhile

Hi

I am not able to cast videos from my laptop to my tv. I was told that the problem is with the firmware . Will this trial version fix that problem? I have a Hitron router CGN3ACSMR and  i use Google Chrome Cast to cast my videos.

If this firmware trial version is the fix for the problem I have please let me know how i can download and install this solution.Thanks

Rajan Ramanujam

@rajan55, firmware version 4.5.8.22 is now being distributed across the network to the CGN3ACSMRs.  By the end of the week or weekend I would expect you to have that version on your modem.  You might still be able to request it.  Have a look at message # 471 (top post) on the following page for instructions on requesting version, 4.5.8.22.

When you are sending the private message as indicated in that post, also log into your modem and copy the HFC MAC address and modem Serial number and paste that into the message. The HFC MAC Address and modem Serial Number can be found on the STATUS page that is displayed when you log into the modem. The Cable Modem MAC Address and S/N can also be found on the back of the modem.