Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

The Rogers Community Forums has always played an important role in providing important feedback regarding our products and services. We are excited to offer our users an opportunity to participate in a trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACSMR, CGN3ACR and CGN3AMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). This program is exclusive to registered users of the Rogers Community Forums (space is limited).

The new firmware includes the following features and enhancements:

• IPv6 enabled by default
  • Security enhancements
  • Fix to preserve LAN connectivity in case of HFC outage or loss of signal
  • Addition of Wi-Fi Survey functionality
  • Improved stability of WPS function
  • Improved Wi-Fi performance
  • Various minor GUI changes and improvements

If you are interested in participating, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps with the subject line “Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”.  A member of our team will be in contact with you and provide you with further instructions.

We’re keen to receive feedback on this new firmware. Once you've received the new firmware, please provide your feedback directly in the FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial thread. 

Questions regarding this program can be posted below.

***Please note - you must be a registered user of the Rogers Community Forums in order to participate.  To register, please follow these steps.***

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

625 REPLIES 625

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

dnimko
I've been around

Hi,

I have experienced choppy internet Wi/Fi with the CGN3ACSMR so the support told me to grad the CGN3AMR instead.

I am now looking to update the firmware as I read that it is choppy too with the old firmware

also

I need to setup this device into bridge mode since I already have a private network and a router setup at home.

but on the initial setup I was unable to do so with the very partial instruction that came with the device I want to roll it back to a bridge so if you have more detailed instructions, I would gladly use them.

you have my email on file, if you can send it to my private email that would be appreciated

@dnimko, Its too bad you were told to swap modems as that was unnecessary.  Have a look at message # 471 (top post) on the following page for instructions on requesting the trial version, 4.5.8.22.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/348...

Follow the instructions in that post to setup the modem after the update, Factory reset and reboot.  Then, when you are logged into the modem, with a pc that is directly connected to the modem, navigate to the modem's BASIC .... GATEWAY FUNCTION page.  Disable the Residential Gateway function page.  Save the setting and the reboot will commence a reboot into Bridge mode. 

You can disconnect the pc during that reboot and connect the router to the modem and pc to the router.  I making an assumption that the router will pickup its assigned IP address from the modem when the modem has completed its reboot.  Sometimes, when switching modems, its necessary to factory reset the router and start the router with its default settings loaded.  That usually resolves any issues that people have when then switch modems from one provider to another. 

What you should do is run a speedtest when connected to the modem and then to the router.  Use www.speedtest.net Toronto Telus and/or Toronto Beanfield servers.  speedtest.fibrenoire.ca is also a good site for a speedtest.  In both cases, modem and router, you should see the same results when connected via ethernet. 

When you are connected to the router via ethernet or wifi, you can log into the modem by using 192.168.100.1    That will allow you to check the firmware version, signal levels or kick the modem back into Gateway mode as the BASIC .... GATEWAY FUNCTION page is still accessible when the modem is in Bridge mode.   So, you don't have to use a Factory reset to kick the modem back into Gateway mode, although it can be done that way.  After a Factory reset, the modem reboots back into Gateway mode, regardless of originally starting in Gateway or Bridge mode.

matthewjbishop
I've been here awhile

I would like to sign up for the beta trial.  

huuu
I plan to stick around

is the firmware being pushed to all modem model numbers or its only for that ACR modem, im getting confused

does it matter if its a C---ACR model or that CGNM3552

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@huuu, at the moment the firmware is not being pushed out to all of the CGN3 variations.  There are the CGN3, CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR, CGN3ACSMR and the new gigabit CGNM-3552.  

Firmware version 4.5.8.21 which has been superseded by .22 was initially targeted at the CGN3ACSMR at the time, however, it can be loaded on the CGN3AMR and CGN3ACR as those modems are fairly close to the CGN3ACSMR.  

The current trial version is 4.5.8.22, and  there are most likely two versions, one for the CGN3xxx modems and one for the CGNM-3552 although both versions use the same version number.  

The problem at this time, as I see it, is to bring all of the various modem firmware versions up to the same revision level or number across the board.  At the moment, technical events are probably moving faster than Rogers capability to keep up with revising all of the modem versions simultaneously.  That is a configuration management challenge for any organization with multiple devices that are similar but not exactly the same, so, it takes manpower and time to make all of the required revisions to each specific modem firmware, followed by release testing.  When that is complete, you will see network wide updates occuring.  Until then the trial versions are only loaded when requested by the customer.

Hope this provides  a little explanation of the situation.

hfarooqui
I've been around

Please include me in the trial to update the firmware of the Router CGN3... I cannot connect to the chorme cast from my desktop or laptop

@hfarooqui, please have a look at message # 471 (top post) on the following page for instructions on requesting the trial version, 4.5.8.22.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/348...

sokho
I've been here awhile

Hi,

I have problem with installing my Chromecast. The cause of this problem is Rogers internet because when I change something on modem/router setting (e.g. changing Wireless Channel), my Chromecast starts working and then stops working.

I have Rogers Hitron cable-modem-router. Technical support has advised me that you can update my modem/router to solve the problem. Please kindly contact me.

Thank you in advance.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are 4 different hitron models.

Which exact one do you have?

sokho
I've been here awhile

Hi, thanks for your response. My hitron has these Specs: Hardware vesion 1A & Software version 4.5.8.21. If you need another Information, Please advise me.

sokho
I've been here awhile

I also found "CGN3ACSMR" about my hitron as appeared in Login page.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sokho, have a look at message # 471 (top post) on the following page for instructions on requesting the trial version, 4.5.8.22.

When you are sending the private message as indicated in that post, also log into your modem and copy the HFC MAC address and modem Serial number and paste that into the message.  The HFC MAC Address and modem Serial Number can be found on the STATUS page that is displayed when you log into the modem.  The Cable Modem MAC Address and S/N can also be found on the back of the modem.

EhmTeeEhf
I'm a reliable contributor
I haven't thought about this as i was on sick leave. I will check the model when i can. I finally got back to work today

dslumley
I've been here awhile

Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial
I'd like to try the firmware update because my Rocket Modem keeps disconnecting. It's in bridge mode.CGN3AMR

@dslumley have a look at message # 471 (top post) on the following page for instructions on requesting the trial version, 4.5.8.22.

When you are sending the private message as indicated in that post, also log into your modem and copy the HFC MAC address and modem Serial number and paste that into the message. The HFC MAC Address and modem Serial Number can be found on the STATUS page that is displayed when you log into the modem. The Cable Modem MAC Address and S/N can also be found on the back of the modem.

Jiggaman
I've been around
Hello I would like to be a part of this program

@Jiggaman, please look at my post just above yours for the instruction link.

lvasic
I've been here awhile

Cannot chrom cast getting message 'device missing'

lvasic
I've been here awhile

When will this be resolved?

@lvasic, are you running the trial firmware version 4.5.8.22 on your modem, and if so, did you run a factory reset after the update was loaded by Rogers?

lvasic
I've been here awhile

How can I check that? I submitted request for trial firmware but I don't know if it was pushed to my modem