Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

The Rogers Community Forums has always played an important role in providing important feedback regarding our products and services. We are excited to offer our users an opportunity to participate in a trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACSMR, CGN3ACR and CGN3AMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). This program is exclusive to registered users of the Rogers Community Forums (space is limited).

The new firmware includes the following features and enhancements:

• IPv6 enabled by default
  • Security enhancements
  • Fix to preserve LAN connectivity in case of HFC outage or loss of signal
  • Addition of Wi-Fi Survey functionality
  • Improved stability of WPS function
  • Improved Wi-Fi performance
  • Various minor GUI changes and improvements

If you are interested in participating, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps with the subject line “Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”.  A member of our team will be in contact with you and provide you with further instructions.

We’re keen to receive feedback on this new firmware. Once you've received the new firmware, please provide your feedback directly in the FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial thread. 

Questions regarding this program can be posted below.

***Please note - you must be a registered user of the Rogers Community Forums in order to participate.  To register, please follow these steps.***

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

625 REPLIES 625

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

AOD999
I plan to stick around

Does anyone even read anymore?

@Bundy450 to receive the Firmware 4.5.8.22  follow the instructions in post #164

lukecrx
I've been around
Hello I would like to get in on this trial as my home network is no longer detectable with the hitron. Thank you

@lukecrx can you provide a few more details.  The next version firmware, V4.5.8.22 resolves problems with Chromecast devices.  If that is applicable to you, then it would make sense to request it.  If not, then it won't resolve your current situation. 

Have a look at message # 471 (top post) on the following page for the instruction on requesting the trial version, 4.5.8.22.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/348...

Raham
I've been here awhile
Chromecast is working now ... Thank you!

JBAL15
I've been around
Please add me to this trial. I have had t3 ranging issuses with my GCN3ACSMR modem in gateway mode. Please send me a download link and instructions for installing the firmware.

@JBAL15, version 4.5.8.22 has to be sent to the modem by the CMTS, initiated by Rogers staff action.  That version is only useful for you if you have a Chromecast device that you're currently having problems with.  The T3 is a normal timeout as the CMTS is not responding within the expected timeframe when the modem requests a maintenance period, which is also a normal occurrence.  If the CMTS does not respond, the modem times out, raises an alert and then goes on to transmit another request down the road.  Its not unusual to see that in the DOCSIS EVENTS log.  Version 4.5.8.22 will not change that.

If you're having problems with your internet service, the place to start is to log into the modem, navigate to the STATUS .... DOCSIS WAN page, copy the downstream and upstream tables and paste them into another post.  Those are the cable signal levels and signal to noise ratios which will show if there are any problems with the cable service.

Bromoran
I plan to stick around

I still have not received the firmware update and have followed all the steps 

Sent message to Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

accepted the disclaimer

sent information regarding my modem and other info

Got reply that it would be pushed to my modem within 48-72 hours

Still on version 4.5.8.16

Is it normal to have to wait longer then 72 hours?  should I request again maybe

I have the 4.5.8.21 and my Chromecast is working so why do you guys say you need 4.5.8.22 ?

I am trying to connect a chromecast and have had to reset my router every day. How can I get this trial firmware ASAP?

user12343543
I plan to stick around
maybe you're lucky?

Maybe your have a router in front of the modem?

@Bromoran - Thank you for your patience, we have confirmation that your modem shall be running .22 version, would you please confirm, thank you. 

@taylormilesgold - Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Please follow the instruction listed in this post to request the firmware, thank you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Bromoran
I plan to stick around
@RogersMoin Got home from work today and the modem was updated to .22 thanks for the reply 🙂

Terry17
I've been around

Hello,

I would like to try the new beta version of the firmware.  I recently moved from Bell to Rogers and my Chromecast no longer works.  

Thanks

Terry

Hello, @Terry17

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Please follow the instruction listed in this post to request the firmware, thank you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

hi,

my 2 google chromecasts stopped working about 6 weeks ago,  i have a rogers hitron CGN3ACSMR modem, i have tried a lot of different things to try and fix this issue.

did you get this issue resolved by rogers?

i agree - this is not cool.

thanks for your help.

Nikta_Fallahi
I've been around

Hello, I would like to try new firmware as I am having issues with my ChromeCast.

Please get back to me asap.

Hello, @Nikta_Fallahi

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Please follow the instruction listed in this post to request the firmware, thank you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

azed1
I've been around

please send instructions on getting this firmware,

best

Azed Majeed

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@azed1, have a look at message # 471 (top post) on the following page for instructions on requesting the trial version, 4.5.8.22.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/348...

callo02
I've been around

Please send me the firmware update for Chromecast

@callo02, please have a look at the post just above your's.