Rogers IPv6 Status

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Rogers IPv6 Status

@DaveM - how many external IP addresses will I get with Rogers Ultimate internet?
Network Architect
Network Architect

@wayner92 wrote:
@davem - how many external IP addresses will I get with Rogers Ultimate internet?

The number of IPv6 addresses depends on the modem/gateway capability, not the service tier.

At a minimum, once the service is available to Rogers High Speed Internet customers, the modem will receive a /64 prefix which contains 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 IPv6 addresses. In the future and for modem/gateways that can support it, the service will include prefix delegation, likely at /56 or /60.

For Rogers Wireless Internet customers (LTE network), the current standards allow us to deliver a /64 to a phone, Rocket Stick or Rocket Hub. Work is still in progress in international standardization bodies (3GPP and IETF) to provide a viable solution for prefix delegation.

I Plan to Stick Around

@DaveM      Given that you don't support it  and given that the IPV6.rogers.com  web site has disappeared  can you please post  the magic numbers, the prefix and the ipv4 boundary address for 6RD.  Up until yesterday ( when I inadvertantly lost the router configuration) the system worked very well for the last two years and I'd like to get it back.

Network Architect
Network Architect

I sure can provide this information...

Provider Prefix   2607:F090
Provider Prefix Sites   32
Mask Bits   0
Relay Address   66.185.95.192

If you need anything else, let me know.

Rogers Employee damir
Rogers Employee

Is there any MTU option? Thanks
I Plan to Stick Around

So what all has to be set for settings to get a IPv6 from Rogers. I'd like to get that setup too

I Plan to Stick Around

Should we all be having ipv6 connectivity by now?

When I visit ipv6 test websites, it shows I have no ipv6 connectivity.  If I go into my external router's settings (attached to the CISCO modem) and try the manual 6rd settings, it still shows no connectivity.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Check the following thread. 

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29521047-Internet-ipv6-6rd

Hopefully that will help.

I've Been Around

Does 6rd still work?  I have set up my D-Link router with the info.  Device on the LAN side gets a private IPv6 address,   And when i check with http://test-ipv6.com, it says i dont have an IPv6 address.  Am I missing something?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Take a read through the following thread.  Hopefully it will provide the info that you need. 

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29521047-Internet-Rogers-IPV6-6rd-

You could send a message to damir on that thread or post a question regarding IPV6 configurations that work with the Rogers network.