cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Email Inaccessible

DanielShortt
I'm here a lot

What has happened to my Rogers email account?  After 20 years of being a Rogers customer, I suddenly can't access my email.  Yesterday it was accessible, today it's not.  What is going on? 

***Added Labels***

152 REPLIES 152

Re: Rogers Email Inaccessible

Hello and welcome to our Community @knicko!

I understand that you have already attempted to create and add an app password. I just want to make sure that you've followed all the steps.

Please have a look here and make sure that you've followed every step as listed: How to create an App Password for your Rogers email address on IMAP and POP Email Clients

If you're still having difficulty, please PM us @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

DWD2
I've been around

Yes we have the same issue since November 5th.. we couldn’t get email so we contacted Rogers and they went thru the steps and had us change our password on our IPAD which is our only primary source of obtaining our emails so we are getting access to our emails on the IPAD only

but Rogers said they couldn’t help us with email access on our android phones????

I tried changing password to the new password that we changed on the IPAD that Rogers walked us thru but now when I try to change on the Samsung Android phone it says my account and password doesn’t  exist??

this is extremely frustrating ..Can anyone help please

Erik
I've been around

Hi, I'm also having a similar problem - for the last several days I cannot access my email account (Info removed: Keep personal info private) via web browser. Only on my mobile devices. It tells me that the username/pw doesn't exist and it doesn't allow me to change my info via the security question either.

What can I do? Thanks!

EricSimard
I've been around

Hello,

Cannot access on computer

I cannot access my email account @rogers.com 

I must have forgotten the password and the security answer.

Please help

Good morning @EricSimard!

If you need help with your Rogers email, you've come to the right place.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps so that I may further assist. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

K_P_G
I've been here awhile

I'm having a variation of the same issue, received a prompt to update password. I did update it, and now my Rogers e-mail will not sync with my desktop, but I can still get my mail through my Rogers/Yahoo account AND on my mobile devices. I've deleted, re-created the e-mail account, reset the password again....still nothing. Again, I can download e-mail on my mobile devices no problem, just not on my desktop. I get the error message to "sync the accounts" but there is no mechanism to do that through the Rogers e-mail menu. 

E-mail was working fine for years up until this past weekend.....getting frustrated!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you're using an e-mail client like Outlook on a computer, you probably need to generate an app password. See the following link, near the bottom.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/email-setup

K_P_G
I've been here awhile

Worked.....thanks!

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@57 wrote:

If you're using an e-mail client like Outlook on a computer, you probably need to generate an app password. See the following link, near the bottom.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/email-setup

I tried this and it worked for a week, however now I cannot send mail on my laptop (macOS), or receive mail on my phone (iOS). Is there a way to turn app password off and use my normal password that I use to check my Rogers Yahoo webmail? 

*EDIT* I figured it out, I had to delete the account then select add new yahoo account to make it work without an app password.

Superbird
I've been here awhile

The password generator works for me, but I don't want a random 20 character string of letters. I want to change my password to something I can actually remember. But when I try to change my password, it always tells me

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Superbird : There are two separate passwords at play. The first is the PW you need to login to Webmail.  That you should be able to change, however, that PW needs to contain: a lower case letter, an uppercase letter, a symbol like # and a number, with a minimum of 8 characters. If you have tried that and it still doesn't work, you may wish to PM the moderators here for assistance:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...

The second PW is an App PW that you need for an e-mail client on your computer like Outlook. That's the one that's generated from within Webmail as indicated in my previous post.

Superbird
I've been here awhile

I can access my email through a web browser no problem. I can also access my email through Thunderbird if I enter the 16 character string that Rogers generates for me, BUT, I can't change the password from the 16 lower case character string to something I want that's easily memorized.

When I try to change my password at...

https://rogersmembercentre.com/rmcapp/remc.html#/changePassword

...and the page tells me my desired password is valid (fair or strong or whatever) a popup tells me

We're sorry, your password couldn't be updated. Please try again later.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Superbird : In that case try PMing the mods as indicated in my previous post.

rgonz80
I've been here awhile

(post merged)

Hi, I can't access my emails, it says username and password don't match and to try again.  I've had the same password/username combination for a while now.  Anyone else can't log in?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rgonz80 : It looks like your post was moved to this existing thread. If you haven't already, check out posts 137 onwards with suggestions for Webmail and App passwords (Post 133).

rgonz80
I've been here awhile

Hi,

I think my issue is somewhat different from previous posts.  I can't log on as it doesn't recognize my username (email) at all, so I can't even reset my password.  Any ideas?  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rgonz80 : I assume that you're talking about accessing your e-mails via Webmail and not via an e-mail client like Outlook or Thunderbird.

As indicated in post 137, you can PM the mods here to get this taken care of.  I included a link in that post on how to PM if you're not familiar and I will include that link again below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...

rgonz80
I've been here awhile

Hi,

Thanks, I did PM community helps and am waiting for their reply.

Thanks

It looks like Rogers is up their old tricks again.  Today I couldn't log into my email.  I got a message saying that Rogers was forcing me to reset my password for "security" reasons.  By the looks of it I'm not the only one.  

Look ... I take careful consideration when choosing my passwords.  My previous password was deemed by Rogers to be "extremely strong."  It wasn't that long ago that I changed my password ... after Rogers cancelled my previous password, completely unannounced.  I am the only person using my computer, and I don't share my email password with anyone.  

I keep a written record of all my passwords in a secret location, and don't appreciate having to change my records on the whims of Rogers.   Where does Rogers get off, anyway?  Am I not paying them enough?  

There are many websites that require you to change your PW every so often, no matter how strong.  This is not a Rogers conspiracy and may be related to Yahoo more than Rogers.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
I second 57's comments. Its not a conspiracy theory, most reputable provider ask you to change your password every so often to ensure highest security standards are being adhered to. rogers also may have no say in this as it may have come from Yahoos request since Rogers uses their servers