cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Email Inaccessible

DanielShortt
I'm here a lot

What has happened to my Rogers email account?  After 20 years of being a Rogers customer, I suddenly can't access my email.  Yesterday it was accessible, today it's not.  What is going on? 

***Added Labels***

152 REPLIES 152

Re: Rogers Email Inaccessible

JP118
I've been here awhile

I'm also having the same email problem since yesterday....has anyone got sorted out yet?  thanks. 

I also moved from Rogers last fall and all has been good until yesterday...grrr

kuhnberg
I plan to stick around

I've got everything working.  Hopefully it sticks! 

For the online login and my phone changing the password to include upper case, lower case, a number and a special character worked.  For Windows Live Mail 2012 that I'm still using on my PC I had to generate an App Password in the Rogers Member Centre.  It's under Account Information > Authorized Applications.

https://rogersmembercentre.com

habsrule999
I plan to stick around

I did the app generated password for my windows 10 thunderbird email client and it worked for about an hour but has stopped working again,!!!!!!!!

josephus1
I plan to stick around

Any luck anyone? Noticed that problem this morning

Huttz
I'm here a lot

Same issue here, can't login to my email.  Will wait to see what happens before trying the reset password fix.

fgfgf
I plan to stick around

Same issue.  What is going on???

awasys
I've been here awhile

I am also having email problems. Unfortunately, the security questions are not accepted and I am stuck at an attempt to change password. Tried to call support, waiting time is between 1.5 and 2.5 hours. Great customer service, Rogers !

DC62CA
I've been here awhile

I changed my password via Member Centre and the email is now working on my iMac, iPhone, and iPad. As with many here I do agree that Rogers dropped the ball in not notifying us in advance and there's no excuse as they have our email address(es). Perhaps a large exodus to a competitor would be the wake up call they require?

JP118
I've been here awhile

Changed my password, grr, all seems ok now on laptop and phone. thanks all!

melvin27
I've been here awhile

Has anyone figured out how to get into their email. Help!!!!

habsrule999
I plan to stick around
Change your password from the Rogers member centre to a password that uses all 4 types of characters. Upper, lower, number, special character like #$

Kath2
I've been around

Same problem here. I did a virtual chat with a Rogers agent and she offered to have updates texted to me after 72 hours on the claim. I said, "Is it going to take more than 3 days to fix??!" She said a "couple" of other people had the same problem so it might take less time. This is so unacceptable to be locked out of one's email.

PeterMann
I've been around

My email is also inaccessible. Good thing I use outlook.com for the more important stuff. Even have Gmail as a backup. 

I did this but I am still having problems accessing E-Mail from my iPhone/Android phones.  I can log into rogers.yahoo.com and view my E-Mail.

Any ideas why this is happening?

HCS
I've been here awhile

well I changed my password and got back in on my laptop of course now I cant access it from my phone

HWDan
I'm here a lot
Click here for details

Just keep in mind that:

- your Rogers account login and password, where you view your bills and services is NOT the same login that is impacting these email account logins.   (you may have made them the same and used the same password, and like me forgot this point)

- login via https://ca.rogers.yahoo.com/ to access the member portal and change your password there

- make sure you use TWO of each of the character types, 2 upper, 2 lower, 2 numbers, 2 special characters.  I must have changed it a few times trying to get it to work before I realized that I had only 1 special character.

- if you use a Windows desktop client like Outlook or Thunderbird, you don't necessarily have to delete and generate a new application password.  (I did for one account but didn't have to do it for the other even though I changed both member portal account passwords)

(don't ask me how that spoiler box got in there, can't seem to remove it)

enosbones
I plan to stick around

Earlier today I could not access 2 of my 3 email accounts.  I used the App generator to create a password for my desktop Outlook and a different pw for my phone mail app, and all seems to be working now.  

Hhgoldman1
I've been here awhile

Every time I try to log into my account it redirects me to the Rogers member centre sign in page, which then just gives me access to update my account information instead of my email. I tried to change my password from this since I thought maybe that’s what it wanted me to do, but it will say that it’s “unavailable to do that” this has been going on for a couple days now, if anyone has any advice that’d be really appreciated, thanks.

Hhgoldman1
I've been here awhile

Never mind, I reset the password on my laptop and it worked the second time. It’s ridiculous that Rogers wouldn’t just send out a memo saying my password needed to be updated and instead lock me out of my account

untouchable855
I plan to stick around

3 of my  5 emails are not working 

I am having the same problem but it is now Friday 2.00P.M. and waiting for response from Rogers.Why is Rogers not posting something to notify there is a problem.