cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile devices not "connecting" to Rogers Wi-Fi

OttawaBrian
I've been around

Issue started yesterday and persisted until I left for work today.

My laptop will connect and Is having no issues, however my cell, tablet and FireTV all are registering connection issues/ not connected.

I've brought my tablet and phone to work and connected no problem to Wi-Fi here, so it's not the devices.

Technician has done a remote restart to fix the issue, but won't know how it worked until I'm home, so will update then.

I've noticed a few other people seem to have had the same issue, just wondering if there was a positive resolution.

*** Edited Labels ***

29 REPLIES 29

Re: Mobile devices not "connecting" to Rogers Wi-Fi

Understood, thank you for elaborating @rick1600!

Please let us know how the visit from the technician goes. Don't worry, there is typically no additional charge for a service call unless the issue is found to be caused by equipment that you own and not related to Rogers services.

If the issue should persist after the tech leaves, feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here

Regards,

RogersCorey

rick1600
I've been here awhile

Rogers tech showed up on time however did not connect ethernet, was here for 10 minutes at most. NOT FRIENDLY.

I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience @rick1600.

Was the tech at least able to resolve the issue or is it still ongoing?

If the issue is still ongoing, feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. We will do our best to make things right again.

For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here

Regards,

RogersCorey

rick1600
I've been here awhile

I was told i don;t need ethernet

tjenkinson11
I've been here awhile
I’m having the exact same issue and been through everything , had tech support here twice , no one can find resolution , I’m Going to drop Rogers if it continues .
You mentioned changed password recently ? Yes we needed to change our password when we added new Rogers ignite 1 gb. I was on old Rogers system before . And my iPhone won’t connect . But it does eventually say I’ve entered the wrong password , even when I’ve entered nothing . Then I put in the password and it connects . But won’t auto-connect . Is it still using my old password somehow ?

Forgot to add. I’ve tried forget this network MANY times lol, but it doesn’t seem to “forget “ it. The address stays there under “my networks “

Although you needed to change your password when you got Ignite, you could have simply changed the password (and SSID/Network Name) back to what you had previously and all your devices would have been fine as though nothing happened.  I assume you're still using the same SSID?  Do you have other devices that connect properly?  If you have no other WiFi devices, change your password back to what you had previously and your iPhone should connect using Auto-connect?

You can edit the Network name and password using the following link, or the Ignite WiFi app.

https://www.rogers.com/ignitewifi/

If you wish to use the new network name and password, go to iPhone settings, WiFi, click info beside the network name, turn auto-join off, then forget the network.  Go back to WiFi, click "other", key in the correct network name and password and you should be good to go?  I believe Auto-Connect will be selected automatically, but if not, you can turn it on.  I'm assuming you have WiFi turned on.

I'm not an expert with these things, but I thought I'd try to help

Pol6
I've been around

It looks like Rogers has no idea why this happens.  I also have an older Android phone used for other purposes which won’t connect to the Rogers Ignite modem, the white rectangular box.  It’s not the modem because as others have mentioned,other devices connect just fine: laptops, the TV, chromecast, printer, iPhones, new android phones, android tablets, iPads. Am not going to change passwords or do factory reset to solve this for one device.  Stop advising folks to just reset.

Android 6 mobile device connects partially to Rogers modem with “Saved” but no Internet access.   Or just admit legacy devices may not work past a certain date.

ontario_j
I've been here awhile

After upgrading the firmware of my Hitron Ignite Modem, one of my Android devices was not able to connect to Wifi.  Did factory reset with Rogers technical support still no help.  Device can see the wifi name but not able to connect and then change the wifi to disabled.  Forget the device and re-type password still no help.  Even change the Wifi name and password still does not help.  Finally the technical support agreed to change another modem tomorrow.  Hopefully it will work.

Topic Stats