cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile devices not "connecting" to Rogers Wi-Fi

OttawaBrian
I've been around

Issue started yesterday and persisted until I left for work today.

My laptop will connect and Is having no issues, however my cell, tablet and FireTV all are registering connection issues/ not connected.

I've brought my tablet and phone to work and connected no problem to Wi-Fi here, so it's not the devices.

Technician has done a remote restart to fix the issue, but won't know how it worked until I'm home, so will update then.

I've noticed a few other people seem to have had the same issue, just wondering if there was a positive resolution.

*** Edited Labels ***

29 REPLIES 29

Re: Mobile devices not "connecting" to Rogers Wi-Fi

RogersZia

Good afternoon and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums @OttawaBrian,

I had this same issue with my iPhone X a few days ago. Rebooting my phone did not help, but "Forgetting the Network" and reconnecting to my Wi-Fi did fix the issue for me.

Please keep us posted on the outcome of the troubleshooting steps.

RogersZia

Parcifale
I've been around

I also noticed such a problem, I hope it has already been fixed.

RogersMoin

Hello, @Parcifale.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Thank you for joining this discussion. A laptop can connect to the WiFi network, but the other WiFi devices failed to connect is certainly strange. @OttawaBrian, were you able to resolve the issue?

Let's find a solution for you; please answer the following:

• What's the model of the modem?
  • Are you using different SSID (network name) for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz network?
  • Have you changed just the password for your network?

Also, let us know if any changes were made prior to experiencing the issue. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

sbown
I've been here awhile
Any solution found to this issue?
My cell shows connected but no internet access. All other devices are ok.

Hello, @sbown

I know how important it is to have all of your devices able to connect to WiFi especially your Mobile devices.

Can you let the Community know which modem you are using? Depending on the modem you are using there could be Settings on the modem that could be blocking specific devices. 

You can also perform a Factory Reset of the modem which would remove any custom settings including those that block specific devices.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

I have the same issue, my cell phone won't connect to my ignite router.  I've factory reset my Android (Pie OS) phone and changed WIFI setting on my phone with no solution.  I connect to my work, friends WIFI networks without any issues.  When I log into Ignite router settings and Press "Reset Wi-Fi Router" to restart Wi-Fi and Router modules my mobile phone connects.  Once I leave the network for the day and come back,  still won't auto connect and tried to force a connection still nothing.   I'm using an TP-link extender linked to my main router to connect to my network.  does anyone have a proper solution.?

Hey @tombgoodu!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your phone connecting to your WiFi at home! Knowing that the reboot allows you to connect again certainly does help though. 

Can you complete the following steps and let us know if the issue persists?

- "Forget network" on your phone
 - Unplug your Extender (leave unplugged for the duration of testing)
 - Reboot the modem

Based on this you should be able to connect again, but let us know if you're unable upon returning home.

Thanks!

@RogersAndy

phandlstewart
I plan to stick around

Hello.  I am having the same issue with a Samsung S10+.  This problem started on Saturday Nov 23rd.  I will try this resolution tomorrow.

Hey @phandlstewart!

How did the steps work out for you? Are you able to connect your S10+ now?

Keep us posted :).

@RogersAndy

sirhomealot
I'm here a lot

I'm having a similar issue with two of my Android devices. It seems to be intermittent. Sometimes they get into a loop of attempting to connect and then dropping the connection, and at other times, the Wi-Fi entry simply says "Saved" and won't connect at all.

Resetting the network connections on the Android device doesn't help, and neither does a full factory reset. But then, magically, it returns to normal for a while.

No other devices (and I have well over 30 on my network) appear to be having similar problems -- just the two Android phones.

Hello @sirhomealot,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for sharing the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Helps us identify what may be causing this issue. A couple of questions:

• What are the two devices you're having connectivity issues on?
  • Have you tried the "Forget this Network" option?
  • Have you recently changed the password for your network?

Just need a little bit more info to assist you further :).

RogersZia

• What are the two devices you're having connectivity issues on?
  • Google Pixel XL, ZTE Axon Mini
  • Have you tried the "Forget this Network" option?
  • Yes
  • CGM4140COM
  • Have you recently changed the password for your network?
  • No

Hello, @sirhomealot

Thanks so much for the answers to those questions. We have a few more questions for you.

• Can you confirm if you performed a factory reset of the Internet modem also or was the factory reset done on the Android devices?
  • Do you notice the connectivity issues all over the home or does it happen in certain areas mainly?
  • Have you tried these devices on other WiFi networks to see if there are any issues connecting?
  • Do you use the Ignite WiFi Hub app or website to manage your wireless network? If yes, have you setup any downtown schedules for any of your devices?

We look forward to reviewing your responses.

RogersTony

• Can you confirm if you performed a factory reset of the Internet modem also or was the factory reset done on the Android devices?
    Just on the Android devices
  • Do you notice the connectivity issues all over the home or does it happen in certain areas mainly?
    Doesn't seem to be specific to any location. Happens even when 12 inches from the main Rogers hub.
  • Have you tried these devices on other WiFi networks to see if there are any issues connecting?
    We've tried with one of the Android devices, and yes it seems to be fine on the other network
  • Do you use the Ignite WiFi Hub app or website to manage your wireless network? If yes, have you setup any downtown schedules for any of your devices?
    We do, but we have not created any schedules
    Thanks!

Thank you so much @sirhomealot for the additional information!

At this time I would recommend reaching out to support so there can be visibility from both ends. Alternatively you can reach out to us here @CommunityHelps. (For more information on our PM system, click here.) We'd like to review the modem while the device is attempting to connect to see if it's visible.

There's a few steps we can take on our end that'll ensure the modem is working as it should be.

@RogersAndy

east0027
I've been here awhile

I just set up the Ignite Gateway (Gen2) - the Internet works, the TV works, my home phone works. All good.
I have an older LG smartphone (Android 5.1.1 on Telus network). It is successfully connected to my new Ignite SSID.
Status=Connected
Signal strength=Excellent
Frequency=2.4 GHz
Security=WPA2 PSK
All seems good until I try to connect to the Internet. Then I get a graphic with a red "X" and the error message: "Internet Unavailable with <my new SSID>".
I have turned Wifi on and off, rebooted the phone, reset the gateway - still get the same message.
What am I doing wrong?

Good evening @east0027,

Thank you for posting your problem to the Community! We certainly want to help you resolve the problem preventing your from accessing the Internet on your Telus' LG device.

To further assist you, I do have a few questions for you. Does this only happens via web browser? To clarify, sre you able to access and use any apps that require data transmissions or your phone is not connected at all?

Are you experiencing any difficulties connecting to the Wi-Fi network from any other wireless device?

To start, I would recommend you to "forget the network" and sign back in to it again, before attempting any other troubleshooting.

Keep us posted!

RogersMaude

rick1600
I've been here awhile

exact same issue here.

Hey @rick1600,

Welcome to the Rogers Community & thank you for your post! Sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues connecting your wireless device to your Rogers WiFi network.

Have you had a chance to review my post above? We'd need more information from you in order to properly assist you in reaching a resolution.

If you could elaborate on the nature of the problem you're experiencing, as well as the details of the device you cannot connect and the troubleshooting you've attempted thus far, it would ne much appreciated.

Thanks so much!

RogersMaude

rick1600
I've been here awhile

Hi i've read it but not solved.

We have internet but no wi-fi on tv, cell. Rebooted many times from a Rogers chat, didn't work getting a tech over. The Hitron modem lasted 1 month renting out refurbished stuff is not good. Hopeully i won;t be charged for the service call.

Topic Stats