Internet and Wifi Disconnecting Daily

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Internet and Wifi Disconnecting Daily

Hey ya it’s the arris xb6
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Angela25 can you follow the instructions shown here by @mozerd and myself to post the signal levels from that modem.  

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32715001-Rogers-BlueCurve-Gateway-Issues

Hopefully that data might show why you're experiencing the disconnects.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Almost daily at 3:30 p.m. my internet fails.    First call to service the technician indicated that there was interference on the line which she determined was not in my house.  A repair was initiated and I received an automated call the next day advising the issue had been fixed.   For months, I had absolutely no problem.    Recently, the problem has returned.    The latest suggestion from customer service was to send me another modem.   I haven't installed it yet but still feel it must be a problem with Rogers line as absolutely nothing has changed in the house to cause any issues.    I am not a techie.   Could they have provided me with a poor quality splitter for the cable?   Any suggestions???

Highlighted

Hello and welcome to our Community @Richard8801!

I would highly recommend that you install the replacement modem that we sent to you as your first step. We only send replacement modems after exhausting our troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists after installing the new modem, please return to the forums here and I will have some further recommendations and support for you! 🙂

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Replacement modem has been installed. Same problem. Technician suggested when an outage occurs, unplug the modem and call support so Rogers might be able to see what happened to cause the outage.
Highlighted

@Richard8801

Thanks for your post!

An ongoing technical issue can be bothersome

We'd like to take a closer look at this for you and run some tests. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can locate your information on our file and get started.

If you aren't familiar with our private messaging system please click here

Cheers
RogersHarry