How do I Setup Email Forwarding to a Gmail Account?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: How do I Setup Email Forwarding to a Gmail Account?

I see mentioned in several of the posts free Rogers Yahoo Mail users.

Can you diect me to a link which details the differences between a free and paid Rogers email account?

Greetings @21Rouge!

One of the primary differences is that you get direct support for Rogers email related issues from us. If you're using the free Yahoo service, you would have to contact Yahoo should you have any questions or concerns about your email service.

We have no ability to troubleshoot or resolve issues that may occur on a Yahoo email account.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I Plan to Stick Around

One of the primary differences is that you get direct support for Rogers email related issues from us. 

@RogersCorey I think you might misunderstand what I was asking regarding the statement that as of 1/2/2021 this feature will no longer be available for free Rogers Yahoo email users.

So that implies that a non-free ie paid Rogers email account will continue to have the feature??

(Can you yet confirm from Rogers that Rogers email users will for sure be losing the 'simple' forwarding feature?)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So how do you find out if you are a FREE Rogers Yahoo email user or a PAID Rogers Yahoo email user?

I am subscribed to Rogers Ignite Internet

Also most people I know do NOT use their ISP email, in the event they move to another city where rogers does not offer services so they may have to sign up for a competitors internet service and no one wants the hastle to contact everyone and change their email address all over again,

I Plan to Stick Around

These are Roger Community forums and so it is a reasonable expectation that quality answers/nformation re the questions raised in this threaad should be addressed so Rogers customers can make best decisions for their own situations.

The message that was used could have been worded better. Rogers email is considered "free" because we don't charge our customers extra for it, it's included with the service.

I apologize for any confusion but it does seem like this feature is going away for all users. 😞

Regards,

RogersCorey

I'm Here A Lot

I expected this was the case - Rogers is sending the notice of termination to their own paid subscribers.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for an automated workaround to continue getting all @rogers.com emails to Gmail?

I Plan to Stick Around

(As far as I know I have not received any email from Rogers alerting to this disappointing change in service).

As far as I know it is either fowarding or by adding it as a POP3 account. I did for a time do successfully the POP 3 route but there came a time that I began to receive this "error" message. And because of this I had made the change to "forwarding".

Mail fetch with rogers.PNG

I Plan to Stick Around

@rogerscorey wrote:

I apologize for any confusion but it does seem like this feature is going away for all users.

It is now mid December and less than 3 weeks until January 1st. I am a paying Rogers Customer of course and I have not received any notice that this forwarding to a gmail account will be no more in just a short time. What's up with the lack of notification and uncertainty?

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersCorey  wrote:

I apologize for any confusion but it does seem like this feature is going away for all users. 

I know it is early into 2021 but forwarding is 'still' working as of 5:00 am January 1st.