How do I Setup Email Forwarding to a Gmail Account?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
21Rouge
I Plan to Stick Around

How do I Setup Email Forwarding to a Gmail Account?

Can one set up email FORWARDing of emails in a rogers account to another email client ie GMAIL? If so does one need an "App Password"?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
RogersCorey

Re: How do I Setup Email Forwarding to a Gmail Account?

Greetings @21Rouge!

Try these instructions and let me know whether or not they work:

Automatic forwarding sends a copy of incoming messages from your Rogers Yahoo Mail account to another email address. You can turn on email forwarding in Settings. The forwarding address can't be one of your recovery email addresses.

1. Click Settings Image of the Settings icon..
  2. Click More Settings.
  3. Click Mailboxes.
  4. Click the primary mailbox account.
  5. Under Forwarding, enter the Forwarding Address.
  6. Click Verify.
  7. Log in to your forwarding address and follow the instructions sent there.

Regards,

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

All Replies
RogersCorey

Greetings @21Rouge!

Try these instructions and let me know whether or not they work:

Automatic forwarding sends a copy of incoming messages from your Rogers Yahoo Mail account to another email address. You can turn on email forwarding in Settings. The forwarding address can't be one of your recovery email addresses.

1. Click Settings Image of the Settings icon..
  2. Click More Settings.
  3. Click Mailboxes.
  6. Click Verify.

Regards,

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

21Rouge
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Corey. Your instructions were good.

(Odd that Rogers tech support via chat told me that it wasnt possible to do mail forwarding from a rogers address 🤔)

JPThornhill
I'm Here A Lot

NEW PROBLEM!  What do we do now???

Enable automatic email forwarding in Rogers Yahoo Mail

1. Click Settings 

2. Click More Settings.
  3. Click Mailboxes.
  6. Click Verify.
21Rouge
I Plan to Stick Around

As far as I can tell the link you provided is not "correct". Do you mnd checking?

If true this would be quite inconvenient for me. 

Is there no "simple" way around this coming 'restriction'?

RogersJo

Hello @JPThornhill

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and congrats on your first post with us! 🙂 Hope you are staying safe and sound! I could be mistaken, but unfortunately, I am unable to confirm this change on my end here. Can you kindly can you post the link to where you are seeing this information?

Regards, 

RogersJo 

JPThornhill
I'm Here A Lot

The link?
There is a message (which I have copied and pasted exactly as shown) in my Inbox from Yahoo. If this seems inaccurate to you, how do I post the screenshot of what they have displayed in my inbox (it's clearly not an email from them) here?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JPThornhill wrote:
1. The link?
2. how do I post the screenshot of what they have displayed in my inbox

1. The link you provided in your previous post does not go to a page regarding the topic you're trying to get across.

2. When logged in and composing a  post, there is a "camera" icon at the top of the post. Click it and you can post a screenshot.

JPThornhill
I'm Here A Lot

Here's a screenshot (minus any personal account information)Here's a screenshot (minus any personal account information)This is the page (https://ca.help.yahoo.com/kb/rogers/new-mail-for-desktop/SLN29133.html?impressions=true) that follows after clicking "LEARN MORE".  Pressing the highlighted text links to:  https://ca.help.yahoo.com/kb/rogers/new-mail-for-desktop?redirect=trueThis is the page (https://ca.help.yahoo.com/kb/rogers/new-mail-for-desktop/SLN29133.html?impressions=true) that follows after clicking "LEARN MORE". Pressing the highlighted text links to: https://ca.help.yahoo.com/kb/rogers/new-mail-for-desktop?redirect=true

RogersMike

Hello @JPThornhill 

Email forwarding allows you to manage all your other email addresses in one tidy inbox. Talk about convenience!

You're right! It does appear (This feature is going away - As of 1/1/2021 this feature will no longer available for free Rogers Yahoo Mail users. ) this feature will be discontinued as of January 1st, 2021.

Although when I navigate to the Yahoo Help & Support section it there is a sticky note about the service being discontinued however when I click on the link it doesn't work.

If I were a betting man I'd say as per the message from Yahoo regrettably the email forwarding feature will be removed as of January 1st. 

Kind Regards,

RogersMike