CODA-4582U - Loss of 2.4 GHZ Network

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

CODA-4582U - Loss of 2.4 GHZ Network

Hi all

Modem is running firmware 2.0.10.36T6

I am finding that the 2.4 G network just disappears (no longer broadcasting) and my 2.4G devices go offline. During this time the 5G network is fine and devices connected to that work as usual. My nest camera happens to use 2.4 and i hate that it keeps going offline and missing footage.

If im away from the house it seems to come back on it's own after a few hours. If im home when it happens I reboot the modem and it's back.

Has anyone else experienced this? Should I get a replacement modem?

*** Edited Labels ***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: CODA-4582U - Loss of 2.4 GHZ Network

Hello @hansm0leman

I can imagine how frustrating it has been dealing with the issues on the 2.4G Wi-Fi network especially when it's affecting your Nest camera.

We have not been advised of any issues with the 2.4G Wi-Fi network dropping on the CODA running the latest firmware. It's possible there could be some intermittent interference occupying channels that your modem is also using for the 2.4G network.

I will tag in some of our Resident Experts who may be familiar with this issue and can provide some insight, @Datalink, @Gdkitty, @gp-se, @57.

If any one else in the Community is using the CODA with the same Firmware and is noticing the same issues with the 2.4G please feel free to chime in as well!

RogersTony

I'm a Senior Advisor

I haven't seen my 2.4 stop broadcasting on the coda but I have dealt with times I can't connect anything to it. My nest thermostat is 2.4 only. Wish I could hard wire it with ethernet. I have pretty much given up on wifi in my home. I put a dlink 1250 extender connected by ethernet. It was purely too much interference and my coda output at the router is actually lower than the bell modem through the two walls next door. But losing the signal I leave that to someone like data link to help.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@hansm0leman wrote:

Hi all

Modem is running firmware 2.0.10.36T6

I am finding that the 2.4 G network just disappears (no longer broadcasting) and my 2.4G devices go offline. During this time the 5G network is fine and devices connected to that work as usual. My nest camera happens to use 2.4 and i hate that it keeps going offline and missing footage.

If im away from the house it seems to come back on it's own after a few hours. If im home when it happens I reboot the modem and it's back.

Has anyone else experienced this? Should I get a replacement modem?

*** Edited Labels ***

@hansm0leman

When the 2.4Ghz network goes down, does the 2.4Ghz light on the modem turn off? Besides the Nest Camera is there any other devices on the 2.4Ghz network? 

I Plan to Stick Around

The 2.4Ghz light is still on but not blinking. All devices that were on the 2.4 network are offline (Nest Cam, Nest Thermostat, Ring Video Doorbell, Smart switches)

This seems to have started after I got the Nest camera. It's constantly uploading video to the cloud and it's almost like it overloads the 2.4 network and it goes down? It's happened 2 times this weekend so far.

I Plan to Stick Around

I just came across this post: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/FEEDBACK-Rogers-Rocket-Wi-Fi-Modem-Firmware-Trial/m-p...

Sounds like my situation. I'll try switching 2.5 Ghz back to mixed mode and see how that goes. It's definitely some kind of modem bug

Hello @hansm0leman!

Did you have any luck switching to mixed mode?

Please let us know.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersCorey Yes, since putting it back into mixed mode the 2.4 Ghz network hasn't gone down again. Very odd.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation