Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CODA-4582U - Loss of 2.4 GHZ Network

hansm0leman
I plan to stick around

Hi all

Modem is running firmware 2.0.10.36T6

I am finding that the 2.4 G network just disappears (no longer broadcasting) and my 2.4G devices go offline. During this time the 5G network is fine and devices connected to that work as usual. My nest camera happens to use 2.4 and i hate that it keeps going offline and missing footage.

If im away from the house it seems to come back on it's own after a few hours. If im home when it happens I reboot the modem and it's back.

Has anyone else experienced this? Should I get a replacement modem?

*** Edited Labels ***

22 REPLIES 22

Re: CODA-4582U - Loss of 2.4 GHZ Network

I'm having the same problem and I called Rogers to try to solve my problem and they said that they could not do anything.... 

Re: CODA-4582U - Loss of 2.4 GHZ Network

Hello, @Layssa

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I know how important it is to have both Wi-Fi bands working on your modem, especially if you have devices that can only connect to the 2.4G band. 

In order to assist you better, we will need a bit more information about what's happening.

• Is the 2.4G light on the modem illuminated or is it dark?
  • Are you able to see the -5G network and connect to it without issues?
  • Have you tried logging into the modem admin settings to see if the 2.4G Wi-Fi network has been disabled?

If you are unfamiliar with how to login to the modem admin settings please see the steps below:

1.    Connect your device to your Wi-Fi modem either with an ethernet cable or over your Wi-Fi network.
2.    Open a web browser and key in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar and press Enter.
3.    Enter the following default settings to access the modem settings and select Login:

• Username: cusadmin
  • Password: password (or your current Wi-Fi password)

4.    Navigate to the Wireless tab, ensure that Wireless Enabled is toggled to ON in the 2.4G tab.

Let the Community know if you have any issues accessing the admin settings on the modem and if issues are persistent after trying these steps.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 13 in conversation