Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting in Sept. - Price Increase for Each Additional Ignite Entertainment Box

Rjagger
I've been here awhile

Now the Extra boxes are going up to $17 per month....Bell is still at $8

***Added Labels***

113 REPLIES 113

Re: Starting in Sept. - Price Increase for Each Additional Ignite Entertainment Box

Fordaholic
I've been here awhile

Expect it to go up by $34 a month, mine did. I was forced into ignite last September when my previous contract was running out and they wouldn't let me use my Gateway with new contract. I owned 1 receiver and 3 portals. The gentlemen who installed them assured me I wouldn't be charged for the 3 tv set boxes. Fast forward to August my bill went up $20, called them and they told me why. I wasn't impressed. Last Friday got my new bill up another $14. In the last 2 months my bill went from $208 a month to $242, that's a 16% increase not peanuts.

Re: Starting in Sept. - Price Increase for Each Additional Ignite Entertainment Box

asturias7
I plan to stick around

Hope you don't me asking a couple of Q...???

1) Does it show on your previous bills that the price/charge for the boxes is included in your contract , or are they completely discounted (meaning the rental fee is subtracted)?

2) Is your current contract a bundle deal for 2 years?

Fordaholic
I've been here awhile

I had to take a look at the last couple months. It was on the savings area was $20 ignite devices then $6 then $0. Yes it's on a 2 year contract that expires September 23, 2025 from today actually. I miss Shaw, they'd never try something like this. It's a 15% increase in what I pay from a year ago.

SLR117
I've been around

i have been told it will affect old and new customers

Reluctant2
I've been here awhile

This increase is not about
Ignite boxes. I don't have one. Rogers is increasing the payment by $14 for everyone, for Shaw customers, too. And they are  giving everyone different reasons. 

Neely2005
I plan to stick around

I think that we'll be doing the same. They're basically doubling the price of renting additional Ignite TV Boxes. 

givememymoney
I've been here awhile

Yes it definitely applies to those who are locked in. I just haggled for a new plan in April which took over 3 hours due to incompetent employees. Now my new 2 year plan is going up $14 a month thanks to the PVR rentals. We have 3 and the first is free. The 2nd just jumped from $5 to $12 and the third box from $8 to $15. Rogers doesn't care about their loyal customers apparently as they are offering free PVR's to new customers.  

givememymoney
I've been here awhile

You can return one as the hardware rental is separate from your service contract. Here is how it is worded on my bill.

We hope you're enjoying your TV service. Currently, you have one Ignite Entertainment
box included as part of your package. While that box remains included, with the rising
costs to deliver the latest technology, we'll begin charging an additional $7/month (plus
taxes) for each additional box, starting on your first bill on or after September 17, 2024.
Any existing discount will remain in effect until its end date.
Please note, if you have box(es) included as part of your condo maintenance or property
rental fees, they remain included. Any additional box(es) will increase by $7/month (plus
taxes). The rest of your Rogers TV service remains the same. If you have any questions or no
longer wish to rent any of your additional box(es), please reach out to us as outlined in the
Contact Us section of this bill.

Hostage
I've been around

A 70% increase in the monthly cost of an additional Ignite box is usurious.  Surprise!!  No wonder so many have left the world of cable tv.

Topic Stats