cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers offers Disney+ (ad supported) to Rogers TV customers at no additional cost

Resident Expert
Resident Expert
75 REPLIES 75

Re: Rogers offers Disney+ (ad supported) to Rogers TV customers at no additional cost

gary1953
I plan to stick around

No he didn't explain the reason for the 72 hours. His actual words were 24 to 72 hours.

As for submitting a request or making a change, i don't know.

As I've been unsuccessful with every agent so far it's difficult to be optimistic.

On August 19, I talked to an agent in Calgary. He transferred me to an agent in Cape Breton who told me he would escalate it.

Re: Rogers offers Disney+ (ad supported) to Rogers TV customers at no additional cost

gary1953
I plan to stick around

Strange. Opened up my email this morning and there's an offer for Disney Standard with ads for $1.99 a month for 3 months and regular price after that.

Never,ever, received an email from Disney before. Coincidence or planned?   All this time spent trying to get Disney from Rogers that I was told I was eligible for, and conveniently,  the 30 day cancel period without penalty has elapsed.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gary1953 wrote:

Strange. Opened up my email this morning and there's an offer for Disney Standard with ads for $1.99 a month for 3 months and regular price after that.

Never,ever, received an email from Disney before. Coincidence or planned?

This is a Disney promotion that they themselves are currently advertising on a number of online channels.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2024/09/12/disney-plus-canada-september-introductory-offer/

gary1953
I plan to stick around

i know

just found it strange i get an email from disney when i'm expecting one from rogers

gary1953
I plan to stick around

72 hours has come and gone....nothing

gary1953
I plan to stick around

On the phone currently with an agent from BC. He tells me they're going to give me a month of Crave free in hopes that it will trigger the system to send me the link to activate Disney He'll be calling me back on Monday Sept. 16 Hopefully whatever they're trying to do works.

I'm not tech savy, sounds weird but let's hope it works.

Hello @Mandavz & @gary1953 ,

We appreciate the info and are very sorry to hear that you are still having issues with registering for the Disney+ Standard (with ads) promo. 

We can certainly have a peek into this to see what's going on. If possible, please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

gary1953
I plan to stick around

Thank You Rogers Yasmine.

It's Monday September 16, 2024 5:30am EDT and still nothing. As the agent I talked to on September 13 told me he would call me today at 5pm I'll wait for his call.

If it isn't resolved I'll send you a private message.

The only requirement for getting Disney was one of the specific TV options, and I have the popular option.

Speed, price being paid, various credits one has,  is all irrelevant.

I realize a previous offer  had a minimum 500mb speed but this offer doesn't.

I confirmed that by going to my address and Disney was available with 250mb and popular TV.

Anyways, I await the agent from Vancouver calling at around 5pm.

gary1953
I plan to stick around

Tuesday September 17, 2024  7:35AM EDT

No phone call as promised, nothing on myrogers and no email from Rogers. Not sure why I've been blatantly  lied to and given the run around by so many agents.

I do appreciate those on this forum that have reached out to me offering advice and help.

I've decided not to pursue the issue. Not worth the time, effort and stress.

Thank You

Laurajane09
I'm a regular

how long will you be able to get disney plus for? 

will they let you know before the subscription ends

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Laurajane09 : At this time it's open-ended. I'm sure Rogers will let you know if you need to pay to keep it or if anything changes. Please make sure you look at the announcements in your monthly bill for any changes to your account.  Rogers usually provides 3 months notice, but not always...

@Laurajane09 wrote:

how long will you be able to get disney plus for? 

will they let you know before the subscription ends

For as long as the current business relationship between Rogers and Disney remains in place.  I don't think that the terms of the deal were ever made public.  Presumably, it's a multi-year deal that will need to be renewed at some point, and if the parties cannot agree on terms for renewal by that time, we will get notified that the deal will be coming to an end and that we will lose access to the service through Rogers.

Good morning @gary1953 and @Laurajane09!

If you should change your mind @gary1953, please feel to PM us as @RogersYasmine offered previously.

@Laurajane09 As long as you remain on an eligible plan to keep Disney+ Standard with Ads included in your package, you get to keep it. If you switch to a Rogers service that isn’t eligible, your access to Disney+ Standard with Ads would end and then you'd need to subscribe directly with Disney+ to continue your subscription.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats