cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers offers Disney+ (ad supported) to Rogers TV customers at no additional cost

Resident Expert
Resident Expert
71 REPLIES 71

Re: Rogers offers Disney+ (ad supported) to Rogers TV customers at no additional cost

emveepee
I plan to stick around

I upgraded from my plan to Popular since the offer I got was less than the Standard package with Sport & Lifestyle/Entertainment, it was more when I registered.  I however didn't get the Disney+ email so I phoned support and they told me it can take 7 days or longer so a bit frustrating since it isn't written anywhere and I wasn't told this when I subscribed.  I can't get a credit for free service.

Re: Rogers offers Disney+ (ad supported) to Rogers TV customers at no additional cost

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@emveepee : 1. As I stated earlier in this thread, it's good to avoid any links in an e-mail since it could be a scam.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Rogers-offers-Disney-ad-supported-to-Rogers-TV-custo...

2. As discussed in the following link, you can go into MyRogers (website) and perhaps it'll show up sooner - say in a day or two, rather than a week. No promises though.  😉  Going to MyRogers (website) is usually recommended.  I'm not sure if it applies in the MyRogers app...

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Rogers-offers-Disney-ad-supported-to-Rogers-TV-custo...

emveepee
I plan to stick around

I do keep checking to My Rogers, I assume it will be in the box where it shows 4K but I can the email as a trigger to check online.

I phoned support again yesterday because on the my offers page, the future price is different and much higher than the contract email which matches my current  offer.  I hope this is not a harbinger of things to come.

Their support was ridiculous this time they told me install the app on the box and follow the link and didn't believe me when I said that just gave me the 3 pay options.  Then he said what if I click the my shows button on the remote and I told him I don't have that button.  Finally they said just keep checking, there was nothing they could do.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@emveepee Be patient and see my post here.  At some point you will see a banner in My Rogers that you can tap/click to subscribe.  It took most of us a few business days after the announcement before we saw it.  An email announcement also followed.

emveepee
I plan to stick around

I actually got the email this afternoon and checked but no banner or anything.   I checked the e.click URL with curl and it did do a redirect to https://www.rogers.com/web/totes/#/signin?referer=...  so I pasted that URL into the browser and it took me right to displayplus.com and since I already make an account it just asked me to confirm so all good to go.   Just short of two day, I guess we expect everything done in Internet time now.

Flavour1
I'm an enthusiast

Did Rogers forget about offering Flex platform subscribers the included Disney + (add supported) app to our packages, or do you have to take these “ big packages” of unwanted and unwatched channels 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Flavour1 wrote:  Did Rogers forget about offering Flex platform subscribers?

No, but it may depend on which Flex.  Post from earlier in this thread.

Flavour1
I'm an enthusiast

Flex 10

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Flavour1 wrote:

Flex 10

Rogers clearly states that Disney+ is only being offered to those on select plans.  If you have not received an invitation by now to subscribe, either by email or on MyRogers, I think it is safe to assume that your plan does not qualify.

Flavour1
I'm an enthusiast

I guess Flex as it is no longer available, the ones remaining are the outcasts 

Mosarge
I've been around

HOW DO I GET MY FREE DISNEY PLUS THAT COMES WITH MY IGNITE TV PACKAGE

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Mosarge : It looks like your post was moved to this existing thread on the topic.  Please see previous posts and especially the following one:

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Mosarge wrote:

HOW DO I GET MY FREE DISNEY PLUS THAT COMES WITH MY IGNITE TV PACKAGE

See the following: https://www.rogers.com/support/terms/third-party-subscription-terms-disney-plus-standard-with-ads

It says that if you qualify, you will see a banner to activate your included Disney+ Standard with Ads subscription when you sign in to MyRogers and navigate to your TV dashboard.

I have not activated a Rogers Disney+ with Ads subscription yet.  I saw the banner earlier today on MyRogers but did not see it when I checked again a few hours ago.  If you don't see it now, try again later.  You should have also received an email with instructions for activating the subscription.

I also recall seeing a Notification on my set-top box saying that I can activate Disney+ with Ads using a similarly-worded voice command but I could not find that method documented in any support articles.

LMiller
I've been here awhile

Via all the methods mentioned, the link on dashboard, the email that should've come, I've received none of it.  I was a happy customer with Rogers VIP Ultimate with Movies for 18 years on Nextbox.  And forced to switch to Ignite because of warnings my current boxes would soon or are already decommissioned.  I made the switch to Total TV at end of June since I was clearly instructed this is the closest package for me, and sure enough, was promised Disney+.  And still no access.  After speaking to Rogers numerous times, it is informed there is a technical glitch due to Total TV no longer being offered, it is only grandfathered now.  Um, ok, but I signed up when it was in-market offering.  Therefore, none of this is my fault.  So now I have a 24 month locked in term, am told to wait a few months and it may or may not be fixed.  Yeah, ok, just like TV Call Display will be fixed, Picture In Picture, Wake Up Timer, Sleep Timer, Lobby Camera, etc, etc.  

For an extremely large Telecommunications Company, it is shocking the number of things not working.  What recourse do I have?  Ignite TV has been in existence for over 5 years now and the # of things not working is certainly frustrating.  

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@LMiller See my previous post.  I am also a Total TV subscriber who has not yet redeemed the Rogers Disney+ Standard with Ads subscription.  I just logged into MyRogers for the first time today, clicked the link to Manage my TV subscription, and I saw the Disney+ activation banner at the top of my TV dashboard page.

1_25n
I plan to stick around

I upgraded my TV package to Popular TV on August 21st and understood I would have Disney Free. I have not received a link in order to activate Disney yet. How long does it take to receive something so simple? I would not think it would be a big deal to activate this when they upgraded my TV channels minutes after I called.

Mandavz
I'm here a lot

I got ignite installed Aug 31. I was told by 2 different people that my package would include disney plus. I have yet to receive an activation email. In the my rogers app , it says I am not eligible. ?????
I have tried to fix this on the phone and have talked to many different people but I just get bounced around. I just need someone to fix this.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Mandavz :  Looks like your post was moved to this existing thread.  Please read earlier recent posts?

1. What package do you have?

2. Check out the following FAQ:

https://www.rogers.com/support/terms/third-party-subscription-terms-disney-plus-standard-with-ads

3. Did you try go to "manage TV" in MyRogers as suggested by the post above yours.

Mandavz
I'm here a lot
I have the popular package, so yes I am eligible. I have tried everything mentioned. Kinds hard to activate if Rogers keeps saying you are not eligible.

Mandavz
I'm here a lot
I am supposed to see a "banner " in manage tv. No banner

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Mandavz : The only other thing I can suggest is to PM the mods on this forum to see if they can assist.  I have always found them to be helpful:

When logged into the forum, click on @CommunityHelps  .  On the page that comes up, you'll see a link near the top right of the screen to "send a message".  If you're using a tablet or phone, you may need to switch your browser to the desktop version. How to do that will depend on the device but a web search should find it.  There may be some back and forth required while Rogers get your personal information to look into your account.  Personal information is not allowed in this forum.  

When logged into the forum, check the envelope icon at the top right of the screen for messages.  You would usually also receive an e-mail that you have a PM, but it may have ended up in your spam folder...

Topic Stats