cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers offers Disney+ (ad supported) to Rogers TV customers at no additional cost

Resident Expert
Resident Expert
75 REPLIES 75

Re: Rogers offers Disney+ (ad supported) to Rogers TV customers at no additional cost

Mandavz
I'm here a lot
Thank you. I did that, someone responded asking me to full out a form and then no responses since then which was over an hour ago.
I am just really tired of the bad customer service

Re: Rogers offers Disney+ (ad supported) to Rogers TV customers at no additional cost

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

After filling in the form, it may take them a while to look into your account and respond since they're handling lots of things.  It can take hours, but not days. It's not like "chat".

Mandavz
I'm here a lot
I have not even received the form yet to fill out! She asked if she could send it, i said yes. An hour and a half later, still no form

Flavour1
I'm an enthusiast

Rogers offers Disney + (ad supported) to Roger’s customers at no additional cost

I just received 9 “ Community Mailers” about the subject above with someone named “ Mandavez” and few others asking for help and why they are not receiving Disney + ad supported. Looks like they were talking to a Resident Expert and getting no where. They have the Popular package and someone else, too said the same. Rogers as a provider has the highest number of complaints. From the conversations they weren’t getting anywhere with Customer Service and came to this forum for help.

Can a Moderator please intervene on their behalf get this corrected to their satisfaction and get in touch with a Manager for all these subscribers needing help as is sounds like they on the select package to receive this offer.

**** In my opinion every subscriber that has Ignite TV should have received Disney + ( ad supported) no matter what package you are on.

“ Rogers offers Disney + ( ad supported) to Rogers customers at no additional cost”

Is much different than:

” Rogers offers Disney + ( ad supported)  to Rogers customers at no additional cost 

on Select Plans”

DreadLinks
I've been here awhile
I was just on a chat with someone who told me only SELECT customers on these plans were getting the offer. If you got the e-mail, you get the offer. But nowhere does it say that only only a few people will get this. Absolutely misleading.

DreadLinks
I've been here awhile
I love this post, because it's something that's rung true for years. Still don't know why I use these guys. But I was told only select people'l who have these packages were picked to receive the Disney offer. But nowhere does it say that only some of them will get it. I have no banner, and no e-mail. This company is a joke, and I don't know why we don't all just switch to Bell. It can't be worse.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DreadLinks wrote:
I was just on a chat with someone who told me only SELECT customers on these plans were getting the offer. If you got the e-mail, you get the offer. But nowhere does it say that only only a few people will get this. Absolutely misleading.

This is untrue. Please see the following link to see if you qualify.  If you have the appropriate plan (what is your plan?), then you should get Disney+ (with commercials) for free.  Please see recent posts in this thread for additional information on how to contact them, etc.

https://www.rogers.com/support/terms/third-party-subscription-terms-disney-plus-standard-with-ads

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Flavour1 wrote:  **** In my opinion every subscriber that has Ignite TV should have received Disney + ( ad supported) no matter what package you are on.

Your comments are regarding the title of this thread which is almost 3 months old and was made before we knew all of the "fine print."  One always needs to read the fine print since marketing is always full of hyperbole. 

Although you're entitled to your opinion, it doesn't carry much weight on its own and the FAQ link in my post above is very clear on who gets this.

Flavour1
I'm an enthusiast

All I going say if these subscribers are on the appropriate plan then help them!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Flavour1 wrote:  All I going say if these subscribers are on the appropriate plan then help them!!

Agree completely. It'd be interesting to hear @Mandavz feedback.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@-G- wrote:

I also recall seeing a Notification on my set-top box saying that I can activate Disney+ with Ads using a similarly-worded voice command but I could not find that method documented in any support articles.

FYI, the voice command is "Activate Disney+"

I saw this tip on the Ignite TV set-top box screen saver.  (To view, go to Settings / Device Settings / Screen Saver / Screen Saver Preview)

DreadLinks
I've been here awhile
I have Total. So I should be entitled to it, no? Well, I don't have the banner, or the e-mail.
As I said, I was told last night through someone on their chat that only select people with those plans for the invite. Which makes no sense to me.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DreadLinks When the agent said "select people", they probably just meant you need specific plans (or the chat person didn't know what they were talking about).

Did you try the voice command "Activate Disney Plus" as mentioned in the post above yours?

DreadLinks
I've been here awhile
I did, and THIS worked! Absolutely incredible. Thank you so much!

gary1953
I plan to stick around

Had Rogers installed August 7, 2024. Was told I would get Disney +. Called a few times, was told it would also be escalated. Today is September 9.

Still nothing, when I sign in to myrogers and check my offers.

Though I was offered Crave free for 2 months. Declined only because I couldn't cancel in a few days to be effective at the end of the 2 months. ( so I don't have to remember to cancel after 2 months to avoid having to pay for it) ....like how Apple+, Paramount + and Prime allow you to.

gary1953
I plan to stick around

called rogers again yesterday, told to expect an email within 72 hours. 1st 24 hours has come and gone

Hello @gary1953 ,

We appreciate the update and so sorry to hear that this seems to be dragging a bit. 

Did the last agent explain the reason for the 72-hour turnaround time given? Did they submit a request or make a change that would ensure you'd get an email with the 'Disney+ Standard with ads' offer?

If you still don't receive anything or see an update to your MyRogers profile within the timeframe advised, please let us know. We'll be happy to take a closer look. 🙂

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

I am still waiting too. Agent on the phone said he would escalate it for me and it would take 7 days!! That is called escalation?? This now is false advertising on Rogers' part and is illegal.
What will Rogers do to help us?
Private message, they take forever and I cannot sit on my phone constantly for days. On the phone they just bounce you around. I am at a loss

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Mandavz & @gary1953 did you try the voice command "Activate Disney Plus" as discussed a few posts up?  It has worked for others.

Mandavz
I'm here a lot

Hello,

I did try the voice command.  Tried both the QR code and the web site itself.  It just brings you to MYRogers which again does not have the banner.  Nothing seems to work.

gary1953
I plan to stick around

Yes, did the voice command,, tells me to sign in which I did, but no banner. Went to my email, nothing from Rogers. I have the popular package. As the 72 hours isn't until tomorrow, I'll remain optimistic.

Topic Stats