Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Rogers RF remote

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

https://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/remote/416?setLanguage=en

Have yet to pick one up myself.. but will possibly try this week.

Its an RF remote, so it doesnt need line of sight.
This will be a great asset to people wanting to set up a home theatre, etc type of setup where the box may not be right infront of the TV itself.

Though.. the TV on/off part of it (or any other paired devices) will still be done via IR and not RF.

***Edited Labels***

335 REPLIES 335

Re: New Rogers RF remote EXIT Button, SETTINGS Button

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@OdiaRaj So I would need a dongle? Where do I get that? When I got this Champion URC2125 remote it worked in IR mode with my Smart TV and SA8300HD just following the simple instructions on urcsupport.com. After following your instructions in Post 240 to get the Exit function back I lost the Info function, which is really important to me. Are there no simple instructions to reset the URC2125 back to default?

Anyway, I have a new Atlas 1056 remote coming, plus the lost one turned up and I bet I could just walk into a Rogers store and get another new URC2125. Also, I just found that the RAPTV apps on my Android phone and tablet show a picture of the 1056 remote and touching the Info button on that brings it up on my TV screen.  The Info function is the most important one missing after reprogramming the remote and I seldom used the Fav feature on the old remote.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

OdiaRaj
I plan to stick around

The Back button will work as INFO button

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Well now that I again have an older Atlas 1056 Remote and various other means to access all the functions, I'll give it a rest. I had no trouble configuring the replacement Atlas 1056 from eBay to control my PVR, TV, Magnavox  DVDR  and Pioneer AVR,  But after again going through the steps to configure the new Champion URC2125, it still won't control my DVDR and AVR. Apparently it's not backwards compatible with older hardware, therefore a dud.  If you have a desire to get this new RF Remote from Rogers, be sure to keep your old Remote as backup because you'll be losing several functions as well as compatibility with older hardware.

shanerd
I've been around

Pairing Champion Plus remote with a different set-top box

I have two set-top boxes and two remotes, but one has been misplaced in my house. Until I find it, is there any way to take the remote from the less frequently used TV and pair it with the most frequently used set top box? Is it the standard setup process or do I have to "de-pair" it from the other box?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

The quickest way to find a misplaced remote is to go to your local Rogers store and tell them you lost or wore it out. I did that and didn't even have to identify myself or show I'm a Rogers customer. All they have now are the new RF remotes.

OdiaRaj
I plan to stick around

Yes. It is standard process, as this will remove Rf code from box.

The other process is to factory reset box. I will not  recommend this as  you will loose all recordings for PVR box  and box may  may download the last update again.

Unpairing the RF remote from box is best process for all nextbox.

Re: New Rogers RF remote

Bonjer
I've been around

I want to lock my tv volume and cable volume and I believe it used to be 9-9-8 or something like that?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Bonjer:  Here's an earlier link.  I believe the steps are the same for the RF & IR remotes:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/New-Rogers-RF-remote/m-p/406675#M44189

OdiaRaj
I plan to stick around

Programming of Volume is different for RF remote and IR remotes are different

For IR Remote - Rogers Atlas Remote

(993) Volume Punch Through

1 TAP the device, (TV, VCR, CABLE, etc.), button - RELEASE
2 PRESS and HOLD the SETUP button until the red LED flashes twice, then RELEASE.
3 TAP 9 - 9 - 3.
4 TAP the device key you would like the volume to come from. Two blinks.

To unlock volume control for a single device:

1 TAP the device key you wish to unlock (AV1, AV2, etc.) - RELEASE
2 PRESS and HOLD the SETUP button until the red LED flashes twice, then RELEASE.
3 TAP 9 - 9 - 3.
4 TAP VOL-. Four blinks.
5 Repeat 1-4 to unlock other devices.

To unlock all volume controls:

1 PRESS and HOLD the SETUP button until the red LED flashes twice, then RELEASE.
2 TAP 9 - 9 - 3.
3 TAP VOL+. Four blinks.

For RF Remote - Rogers Champion remote

Programming Volume - Volume--device key/hold setup/Vol+/device key

1. Press Device(cable or TV or audio or DVD) Key Once only
2. Press and hold “SETUP” until Device key blinks 2 times
3. Press Volume + Once
4. Press Device(cable or TV or audio or DVD) Key Once only

HelpmeAmen
I've been here awhile

Just got a new digital box.  I was able to easily find code for that and set it up.  However, I cannot find the code for my tv/dvd combo and have tried all that were listed plus 0000.  It is a Dynex TV which I believe I bought from FutureShop.  Any suggestions.  Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Try the following, item 3, 4, 7?

http://help.rcn.com/pf/12/webfiles/files/ONNET6907/remotes/champion/index.htm

Item 4 shows the codes, 1463, 1785, 1810, 2049, 2184.

The following links may also be useful:

https://www.urcsupport.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Champion-Plus-Manual-Eng-Span.pdf

https://www.urcsupport.com/rogers

Buckswana
I've been here awhile

To individually unlock volume control for a device, follow the same procedure as the gobal lock, but hit the volume down button instead of up, then the device you want to unlock. So if you've set it to global lock already, you would hold setup until it blinks twice, then volume down, then the device button you want to unlock (TV, DVD, etc.). Worked perfectly for me. You can also reassign a device button the same way as the original Nextbox remotes. I've reassigned my DVD button to control a second TV by doing this. Press the device button you want to reassign. Hold setup until it blinks twice, then enter 992. Press the button you want to change it to (TV in my case), then the button DVD button again. So to change DVD to a 2nd TV control = DVD->Setup->992->TV->DVD. 

songsparrow
I've been here awhile

HEY ALL ROGERS CUSTOMERS LOOKING FOR ANSWER HOW TO MAKE YOUR ROGERS REMOTE CONTROL YOUR SAMSUNG TV VOLUME!!

I am just another customer looking for the same answer - they did not yet provide it on Facebook - one of the sites they referred you all to - but I did just find the answers for our volume issue!! Here is a link to the page:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11675

All you do is like with the setup for the power - but a little different. That page offers a variety of options.

Here's what I did.

1. press TV (one blink)
2. press Setup (1blink - then 2 blinks)
3. press 993 (like 991 to control the on/off)
4. press Volume up once (there will be 4 blinks)
5. Now just test to see if volume works - and also it should control your MUTE button.

If my version doesn't work - no worries - go to the link I posted and follow their instructions.

Hello @Buckswana & @songsparrow,

Welcome to the Community Forums, and thanks for your posts.

We love to see you folks sharing tips and tricks, it's what makes the Community a great place to be!

RogersShaun

My Rogers remote is lighting up but not responding to my box. Any ideas how to solve?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@Jenamcmahon If you can't solve the problem, just take it back to your local Rogers store and they will give you a new one.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Jenamcmahon wrote:

My Rogers remote is lighting up but not responding to my box. Any ideas how to solve?

I assume you mean your box is not responding to the remote? Have you pressed the Cable button near the top right and is that the button that lights up when you press other buttons?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

That is a very good point. I keep all my remotes in my chair pocket and never know what button gets pressed accidentally.   I like using my old 5-button Atlas remote and I always make sure I press the CBL button before I press the PWR button if I want to access Cable. With the new RF remote, pressing the WATCH CABLE button should work. To use the Power button instead, you need to make sure to press the CABLE button first (or one of the other device buttons if that's what you want to access).

BobbyOK
I've been here awhile

4K Nextbox turning on or off

My remote will not turn my 4K nextbox on or off. It worked for about 5 weeks but won’t work now

Hello @BobbyOK,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Having a remote that functions properly is super important, I know how annoying it can be when it's not working.

Are you able to manually turn on the NextBox by pressing the power button on the front of the unit?

• If yes, are you then able to change channels using the remote? 
  • If no, there could be an issue with the actual box itself.

When pressing the power button on the remote does the "Cable" button near the top of the remote light up at all?

Keep us posted!

RogersTony

BobbyOK
I've been here awhile
I can turn the Nextbox on by manually pressing the power button on the box. Once it is on I cannot change channels or adjust volume. The cable light on the remote does light up when pressing the power button.