Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

@brianewebb1 did you get past the 911 data screen to the final verification page (last step)?

I tried about 10 times to enter my address in various ways earlier today and each time couldn’t get the ‘continue’ link to be active.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the information and sharing it. 👍
I Plan to Stick Around

Yup. It appears you have to fill in all screens manually, not autofill.
Also I had to fill in all of the address boxes
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Interesting. I filled in all fields manually and it still didn’t work for me. I think there’s just tons of errors with the process right now. Thankfully the techs are working on it so hopefully it’s sorted out soon.

Can’t wait to have cellular service on my Apple Watch Smiley Happy

Hello again,

Thank you very much for your detailed account of the activation process steps.

You're helping us in making things better!

A common thing we are noticing is that users are filling in their full address on the first field, but the address fields are actually broken up between street NUMBER and street NAME, see screenshot below.

10.png

We are looking to address this shortly and apologize for any inconveniences it may have caused.
Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thanks Maude. I actually did separate the street number and name in different fields but perhaps I didn’t do it correctly as my address also has a suite number.

If there’s a suite number is it best to separate that as well?

Example, 123 Main Street, Unit 1. Should that be entered as 1-123 on one line and main st on another line or should it be 123 on one line, main st on another line and then ‘1’ in the apartment/unit number field?

I appreciate the feedback Smiley Happy

Hi @nasa25,

Thanks for being such a good sport. Smiley Wink

From the information I gathered, the Unit/Suite number would be on the third line.

Let us know how it goes!

RogersMaude

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Perfect thanks Maude. I’ll use that procedure going forward.

I’m still stuck at step 4 (right before the t&c’s page) with the same error code but as soon as I can get to the 911 address field your advice will come in very handy Smiley Happy

I've Been Around

I've updated my watch os and phone iOS and when I go to activate the cellular, it tells me I need to update my watch os - which is already updated to 5.0 and it tells me there's no updates  

Smiley Sad

I Plan to Stick Around

Welll it's good to know some here are being "good sports", myself however just spent 30 or so minutes trying to activate a AW3 to no avail, first I couldn't get past the 911 add address point( turns out that formatting needed to be specific(including not using autofill), buuttt, there is nothing mentioning that on the page, soo time wasted there. When that failed I was dumped back to the watch app where I had to sign in all over AGAIN,including the stupid picture captcha so after 5 unsuccessful attempts I FINALLY get the formating right, I get to the last step only to get the error" Your AW has been added successfully to your account however we are unable to link the plan"-facepalm

Rogers needs to get its act together, this is unacceptable.

Coming on PPV!
Pacquaio vs. Broner Live
LIVE: Saturday January 19, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!
Live Weigh-In January 18th @ 6PM ET

Promotional content running all day on CH 368 DTV & 430 Ignite TV until January 19th @ 9PM