Huawei OS updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Huawei OS updates

FYI Bell and Telus are rolling out 9.0.0.160 (C792E3R1P9) for P20 Pro.

I'd assume Rogers has approved, just its a gradual rollout and you should see it "soon".

I've Been Here Awhile

I agree it was on their website for an update and now it's gone with no explanation. Why was it taken off?
I Plan to Stick Around

I just checked the list on the website and now the P20 pro is off the list as well. 2 days early. I still haven't gotten the OS upgrade yet. What is going on???
I Plan to Stick Around

I have been waiting because the listing was for December 19 to January 14th. How is it that this update has been pulled with days to go. There obviously has been enough testing. Come on Rogers, the updates for this phone have been lacking at best. Give us the Android P update.

Hello Community,

A warm welcome to all of the new members to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can understand just how disappointing it is to find out that the update for your specific device has not arrived yet. While this is not ideal, sometimes things change beyond our control so all dates are subject to change. Please stay tuned to the OS Upgrade Schedule for the latest on upcoming changes.

Thank you for your understanding and for keeping the Community a pleasant place to be.

RogersTony

I Plan to Stick Around

While I do thank your vanilla reply, this phone has not had a security update since September and now the OS update has been withheld. Is there a reason why this phone has been neglected? I'm regretting buying this device. Next device is going to be a Pixel or OnePlus so I can actually get updates regularly.
I Plan to Stick Around

I am totally disappointed if the OS upgrade has in fact been rolled back.

This is not acceptable!!!

Like was just stated in the last reply, we waited and waited for a security update to arrive ( Month's Actually ) and now this???

Why is Bell and Telus rolling this out but not Roger's???

Hello, Community. 

We certainly appreciate your point of view, delayed updates and rollbacks can be disappointing. At the moment, we don't have new information regarding the rollback. We will make sure to refresh the OS Upgrade Schedule page as the updates are received. 

Thank you all for understanding! 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

I see the Huawei P20 Pro is now removed from the schedule?? My wife's P20 pro got her update 3-4 weeks ago, mine has not as yet (still 8.1), when can I expect it?

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersTony, any comment on the removal of the Huawei p20 from the schedule???

Coming on PPV!
Pacquaio vs. Broner Live
LIVE: Saturday January 19, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!
Live Weigh-In January 18th @ 6PM ET

Promotional content running all day on CH 368 DTV & 430 Ignite TV until January 19th @ 9PM

Topic Stats