cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei OS updates

revhappy
I plan to stick around

Hi everyone,

Figured I'd start a thread for the Huawei line of phones at Roger's. This should serve as a great registry for current and upcoming developments.

1st on the docket list for the P20: July 9th security update; June version. I have yet to see this update appear on my phone. This holds true even using the computer firmware software update.

It's currently July 14th and the OS upgrade table has morphed from "June security updates" to "Bug fixes + June security updates"

Can anyone comment on the changelog? I won't inquire about the delay because the most recent update to the chart says it all, I.e "big fixes"

The next anticipated feature I hope will deploy is WiFi calling. VoLTE on the P20 has been phenomenal to date!

***Edited Labels***

224 REPLIES 224

Re: Huawei OS updates

stacher
I plan to stick around
I am in the same boat. Still showing 8.1 as the latest official version on phone and via HiSuite. If I could have someone reach out to me I would appreciate it. Purchased at a Rogers Location

VMS-Guru
I plan to stick around

I've PM'd @CommunityHelps and will post back here when I hear back from them. I've supplied my IMEI to help them dig into the problem so hopefully I'll get some feedback soon.

Thanks,

stacher
I plan to stick around
Thanks @VMS-Guru. Hopefully they figure this out shortly.

Condotta1
I plan to stick around
Thanks @VMS-Guru!!

leadsuxx
I plan to stick around
I am also dealing with the same issue as the rest of you.

I have tried both OTA and hisuite options and neither have worked for me.

My phone is from a Roger's store so what can Roger's do to help me with this situation?

VMS-Guru
I plan to stick around

I've received a reply back from @CommunityHelps and should have a more definitive answer tomorrow. I will post an update when I get one.

Fingers crossed. 

Condotta1
I plan to stick around
That would be great, thanks!

craigwmiller
I've been here awhile
Thanks @VMS-Guru !

p20prouser
I've been here awhile

i just got pie update OTA this morning and got it installed as well.  it was 4GB file.

Thanks. I just checked and I didn't get it. I'm in Ontario. GTA.

stacher
I plan to stick around
I had checked this morning and nothing for me on the P20 Pro. Still same with HiSuite as well.

leadsuxx
I plan to stick around
Still nothing here.

Condotta1
I plan to stick around

@p20prouser Thanks, at least we know they are working on it but, i just tried OTA & hisuite and no luck with either. Not sure if service location has anything to do with it but, i'm in the Niagara Area. 

I sent my info to Rodgers last night so i'll continue to wait patiently. 

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey Community!

Thanks to all those who reached out to use and provided some helpful info.

I've been able to confirm that sometime on January 11th Huawei experienced an issue with their FOTA servers, thus stalling the update rollout. Unfortunately, we were only notified late yesterday; January 15th.

I have been able to confirm that Huawei has resolved their server issue and begun a staggered rollout starting today January 16th to 21st for both the P20 and P20 Pro.

Thank you all for your patience and communication with the Community!

RogersDarrell

stacher
I plan to stick around
Thanks for the update.

jlkjlk
I plan to stick around

that's good to know. i have also been patiently waiting for the update.  Hopefully we will get it in the next several days.

For those who got the update, how's the gesture experience? My concern is the home button gets in the way of the swipe up gesture. 

stacher
I plan to stick around
Just curious if anyone seen the update pushed to their devices yet?

Condotta1
I plan to stick around
No. I've been trying a few times a day, OTA and Hisuite. I'm heading to the U.S tomorrow for two nights. Maybe I'll get it through AT&T like my wife did. Lol

Trendhoor
I plan to stick around
Still no update here via Hisuite or OTA.

stacher
I plan to stick around
Thanks. I am going to be patient for the time being and keep trying

VMS-Guru
I plan to stick around

I'm still waiting patiently too. Both the phone update and the HiSuite update tell me I'm still running the current version at 8.1.

Fingers crossed.