cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei OS updates

revhappy
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi everyone,

Figured I'd start a thread for the Huawei line of phones at Roger's. This should serve as a great registry for current and upcoming developments.

1st on the docket list for the P20: July 9th security update; June version. I have yet to see this update appear on my phone. This holds true even using the computer firmware software update.

It's currently July 14th and the OS upgrade table has morphed from "June security updates" to "Bug fixes + June security updates"

Can anyone comment on the changelog? I won't inquire about the delay because the most recent update to the chart says it all, I.e "big fixes"

The next anticipated feature I hope will deploy is WiFi calling. VoLTE on the P20 has been phenomenal to date!

***Edited Labels***

224 REPLIES 224

Re: Huawei OS updates

Same boat here...this is getting tedious and very very frustrating. 

@RogersDarrell

checked the software update via phones settings and also using the Hisuite and as you can see below no pie update is available even though update process is complete from rogers end. Phone was bought from Costco , so not grey market. Please advise how to get the Pie update screenshot.JPG

stacher
I Plan to Stick Around
I am in the same boat. Still showing 8.1 as the latest official version on phone and via HiSuite. If I could have someone reach out to me I would appreciate it. Purchased at a Rogers Location

VMS-Guru
I Plan to Stick Around

I've PM'd @CommunityHelps and will post back here when I hear back from them. I've supplied my IMEI to help them dig into the problem so hopefully I'll get some feedback soon.

Thanks,

stacher
I Plan to Stick Around
Thanks @VMS-Guru. Hopefully they figure this out shortly.