cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS Profile Keeps Corrupting, No help from Rogers

DandW5860
I've been here awhile

I have had an issue with not being able to receive texts now for almost a month. I have had dozens of calls and chats with Rogers tech support and the problem is still not corrected. It all started a the day of the April 19th outage with Rogers. That day I was unable to receive any texts when the service was needed the most due to a family medical issue. The next day still couldn't so called Rogers. They worked on the issue for two days and then called and said the issue was resolved. Well... it worked for a day then stopped again. Since then it works for a day after every time I call them then stops again. After dozens of calls I finally find out the the RCS profile keeps corrupting. If they delete it the texting starts working again but only for one day, then I have to call again. Now they have passed the buck telling me that I have to call Google to resolve my issue and that it's not a Rogers issue. I don't understand how it's not a Rogers issue... I pay my bill to Rogers not Google. I have tried foe a couple of days now to get in touch with Google with no results. By far the worst customer experience I have ever had. 

*** Edited Labels ***

1 REPLY 1

Re: RCS Profile Keeps Corrupting, No help from Rogers

RogersZia

Good evening @DandW5860,

Welcome to the Community!

I realize how important it is to be able to receive text messages. We'll try our best to find you a resolution.

Can you please confirm the following:

• What device are you using?
  • Is any other device in the household also impacted?
  • Have you tried to reset the Network settings and reboot your device?

I'm sure my colleagues in technical support would have exhausted all available resources before referring you to Google. It may be best to keep trying to get in touch with them.

Anyone else in the Community experience something similar? @-G- would you have any insight into this?

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation