cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei OS updates

revhappy
I plan to stick around

Hi everyone,

Figured I'd start a thread for the Huawei line of phones at Roger's. This should serve as a great registry for current and upcoming developments.

1st on the docket list for the P20: July 9th security update; June version. I have yet to see this update appear on my phone. This holds true even using the computer firmware software update.

It's currently July 14th and the OS upgrade table has morphed from "June security updates" to "Bug fixes + June security updates"

Can anyone comment on the changelog? I won't inquire about the delay because the most recent update to the chart says it all, I.e "big fixes"

The next anticipated feature I hope will deploy is WiFi calling. VoLTE on the P20 has been phenomenal to date!

***Edited Labels***

224 REPLIES 224

Re: Huawei OS updates

Dave80
I'm here a lot
I agree it was on their website for an update and now it's gone with no explanation. Why was it taken off?

leadsuxx
I plan to stick around
I just checked the list on the website and now the P20 pro is off the list as well. 2 days early. I still haven't gotten the OS upgrade yet. What is going on???

stacher
I plan to stick around
I have been waiting because the listing was for December 19 to January 14th. How is it that this update has been pulled with days to go. There obviously has been enough testing. Come on Rogers, the updates for this phone have been lacking at best. Give us the Android P update.

Hello Community,

A warm welcome to all of the new members to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can understand just how disappointing it is to find out that the update for your specific device has not arrived yet. While this is not ideal, sometimes things change beyond our control so all dates are subject to change. Please stay tuned to the OS Upgrade Schedule for the latest on upcoming changes.

Thank you for your understanding and for keeping the Community a pleasant place to be.

RogersTony

stacher
I plan to stick around
While I do thank your vanilla reply, this phone has not had a security update since September and now the OS update has been withheld. Is there a reason why this phone has been neglected? I'm regretting buying this device. Next device is going to be a Pixel or OnePlus so I can actually get updates regularly.

leadsuxx
I plan to stick around
I am totally disappointed if the OS upgrade has in fact been rolled back.

This is not acceptable!!!

Like was just stated in the last reply, we waited and waited for a security update to arrive ( Month's Actually ) and now this???

Why is Bell and Telus rolling this out but not Roger's???

Hello, Community. 

We certainly appreciate your point of view, delayed updates and rollbacks can be disappointing. At the moment, we don't have new information regarding the rollback. We will make sure to refresh the OS Upgrade Schedule page as the updates are received. 

Thank you all for understanding! 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

craigwmiller
I've been here awhile

I see the Huawei P20 Pro is now removed from the schedule?? My wife's P20 pro got her update 3-4 weeks ago, mine has not as yet (still 8.1), when can I expect it?

Condotta1
I plan to stick around

@RogersTony, any comment on the removal of the Huawei p20 from the schedule???

Condotta1
I plan to stick around

Same here! My wife got hers a could weeks ago too and mine had not.

zero2
I've been here awhile

There's very little "understanding" aside from being held hostage by Rogers as always. 

Wireless being my last item with Rogers, I'm inching ever so closer to getting out of Roger's grip. 

Hey Community!

When it comes to OS updates, rollouts are normally conducted in phases. Not all users get the new version at the same time, on day 1. Typically, they start at 1% of devices for around 24-48 hours. The data is monitored, as well as error reports (if any). They make sure nothing is wrong before sending out more.

Then, it eventually goes to 25%, 50%, 100% of the devices, over the course of a few weeks.

This means that when your device checks in, it has a small percentage of chances of being offered the most recent update OTA. Clicking the "Check for updates" button just causes your device to check in again, but will most likely get turned down, until it is selected for a next batch. 

I’m confident you will all get the most recent OS update, for your respective device, in a timely manner.

Thank you for your patience!

RogersMaude

VMS-Guru
I plan to stick around

Our concern is not that some of us are getting updates ahead of others. Rather, our concern is that the Huawei P20 and P20 Pro updates seem to have been withdrawn completely. Given that Bell and TELUS are pushing out updates for these two phones, we're more that a little disappointed and concerned that Rogers seems to have abandoned these two models completely. Most of us will likely have purchased these phones on a 2-year plan so we've been handcuffed and cannot simply change providers. Otherwise I suspect several of us would be looking at that option. It's certainly no way to keep us clients loyal to Rogers moving forward. You're still selling these phones on a plan so I would hope that would continue to update them to the current version. Giving us platitudes and vanilla responses isn't really cutting it.

Thanks,

"With EMUI 9.0, Huawei is enabling users to live a quality life", this is a headline from an article in my news feed today. So thanks to Rogers my life will not be of any quality 😉

Come on Rogers just release the update and stop messing up my bill

prestonnfs
I've been here awhile

It seems like Rogers employees aren't on the same page and telling us different things.

@RogersDarrell told me on Friday we'd get the update over the weekend. Then on Monday he told me we'd get it by EOD on Monday... still nothing. 

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @prestonnfs,

Let's stay honest, that's not correctly how our conversation went.

On Friday January 11th I addressed your question with quote; "Android Pie for the P20 Pro has proceeded as normal with the batch rollout beginning December 19th 2018. The rollout should be fully completed by Huawei over the weekend." and then addressed your follow up question on January 14th with quote; "The complete batch rollout should commence by EOD today. Keep checking on your device, and if you don't have the update by EOD tomorrow, please reach out to me again and we'll begin some troubleshooting steps."

Leading into a few points that I would like to clear up as this thread has two separate topics that are being confused as one, thus leading to confusion.

Topic 1: Android PIE for the P20 and P20 Pro. Answer: PIE rollout is fully completed and considered DONE. If anyone does not have the PIE OS update; connect to your Huawei HiSuite Smart Device Manager and attempt to update from there. If still unsuccessful, please reach out to us via @CommunityHelps for troubleshooting. Reminder; we cannot assist with 'grey market' devices.

Topic 2: Security Updates for the P20 and P20 Pro. They are coming. Please stay tuned to the OS Upgrades Page. Once we have any information that we can share, will will publish it there.

RogersDarrell

@RogersDarrell thanks for following up, I wasn't trying to call you out in a negative way (sorry if it came across like that). Just from other agents posts it sounds like the update was pulled and others made it sound like it was still rolling out in batches, it just all seemed rather confusing. 

HiSuite Smart Device Manager still doesn't give me anything past 8.1.0 so I will contact the CommunityHelps. 

VMS-Guru
I plan to stick around

Hi @RogersDarrell,

I purchased my Huawei P20 Pro from a Rogers store so it's definitely not a grey-market one. I've tried to update the phone to PIE/EMUI 9.0 both over the air (OTA) and using the Huawei HiSuite Smart Device Manager as you've suggested. Both approaches tell me that I'm running the current version, which is shown below and is "CLT-L04 8.1.0.120 (C792) (Official)".P20 Pro version.pngAt this time, it doesn't seem to be possible to get an update to EMUI 9.0/PIE even though you've mentioned that the rollout of this version is complete. What are the next steps? I can try to contact the @CommunityHelps if you think that will help.

Thanks,

Fred

Condotta1
I plan to stick around

@RogersDarrell im in the same boat as @VMS-Guru, If contacting  @CommunityHelps is the thing to do, so be it but it is obvious that there is a problem for many on this forum so wouldn't it be logical to Communityhelps address the situation here? Possibly an alternative method or source? 

Same boat here...this is getting tedious and very very frustrating. 

@RogersDarrell

checked the software update via phones settings and also using the Hisuite and as you can see below no pie update is available even though update process is complete from rogers end. Phone was bought from Costco , so not grey market. Please advise how to get the Pie update screenshot.JPG