Double / Failed Text Messages

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Double / Failed Text Messages

The failed text messages have now been resolved as of yesterday when I spoke with the office of the president this was a seperate issue network wide and is fixed. As for the double, tripple, etc text messages this is an on going problem and no mention of time frame again to resolve this issue. I was just advised every department Rogers celluar is involved trying to figure this out.

Also disabling VoLTE will not change anything as this issue is even happening on non VoLTE devices as per Rogers. Your more then welcome to do so for a placebo effect. I've been there done that and took it a setup further during my trouble shooting and removed the VoLTE off my account as well which did not fix anything.

This currently is over a year in the making trying to resolve this that I was reminded of by the office of the president which I wish I had better news for everone but I don't. If anything changes or updates I will update this thread.

I'm Here A Lot

Hi, all.  I was just told by someone I text with that she is receiving double messages from me.  I have a Galaxy S7 Edge.  I saw the postings about turning off VOLTE but I have no idea what that is or how to turn it off.  I'm in no way a power user.  Thanks for any help.

I've Been Around

Just wanted to chime in. Have to say been pretty disappointed in Rogers as of late. All they have been doing is steadily increasing the monthy fees of their plans over the last several years with no improvement in service whatsoever.

I also have had issues with multiple texts over the last year or so but it was tolerable. This last week it has been unbearable.

The issue has again resurfaced today. I have disabled my VoLTE as this forum has discussed and it seems to have at least temporarily solved the issue.

As soon as I have an opportunity I am leaving Rogers.

I'm Here A Lot

Can you tell me how to disable this VOLTE thing?  I don't even know what it is!  Thanks!

I'm Here A Lot

Google: disable VoLTE Galaxy s7. Or whatever model you have.

Sorry to those that the issue returned for. I kept this useless feature disabled and have had no issue. Hope the patronising individual who said I don't know the difference between a work around and a fix has had to use my workaround! The fix is likely complicated and time consuming or they'd do it quick. They aren't just ignoring the issue many of us are experiencing (and many more who aren't in the forum I'm sure).
I Plan to Stick Around

On S7, open phone application. On top right, tap on the three vertical dots and select settings. From the settings page, you'll find VoLTE option.

I have it enabled since the Nougat update and haven't had any issues.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you so much.  We'll see how it goes.  Again, thank you.

I've Been Around

I've had this problem with my S4, S6, and now S7. It is very frustrating when trying to do business. I've had clients send me screenshots of me sending the same message upwards of 10 times.

I thought it was an android issue, but reading up it looks like it is a network issue. Shall I hold off on splurging and making the dreaded iPhone jump? 

I'm Here A Lot

Best if you ask Apple people if they have experienced the same issue.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @fbffd

Apole is having the same issue as well. My girlfriend and also one of her friends are having the same issue with Apple and Blackberry. So switching phones sadly won't do anything it's a a network issue.