Double / Failed Text Messages

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Double / Failed Text Messages

Yes I've had the same annoying problem the last 4 days. I have 3 phones under my business account and all 3 phones are having this issue. Definitely need a resolve ASAP. I'll request to be added in the growing list (filed case #) of unsatisfied customers!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Just called technical support.  Appears it's the first message when you call, that people are having issues sending out texts and duplicates.

So it 's identified as a global issue.

Ugh.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I left BELL for this? According to their Sales Dept, Rogers has the most reliable and fastest service in Canada. What a farce! I transfered 4 lines from Bell only to discover that BELL's service is FAR SUPERIOR and I'll be switching back as soon as this contract ends. I won't even care if Bell charges a lot more. I have a S7 Edge and nearly all of my text messages send and receive anywhere from 3 to 5 times, minimum - if they even send or receive at all. Not to mention the dropped calls and awful sound quality. Ill be filing a former complaint with rogers and the CRTC. I urge everybody to do the same. Hopefully the CRTC will force them to cancel the contract because I'm not getting the service I was promised. I'll even go as far as filing a complaint with the Human Rights comission. People file complaints for far less serious issues.  So people, file a complaint with the CRTC and rogers. This has to end.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I've tried turning off volte. Never had a problem with the s5, the problem has to be with a difference in the software. Will follow up tonight at work as this is where my problem occurs.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I had this problem around a year ago; but then it resurfaced again yesterday. Very frustrating.

I keep getting a fail when trying to send a message, when in fact it does go through and then I end up recieving incomming messages 2-3 times sometime 30 minutes apart.

This is on a Samsung S6.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Riddler sorry to say been there done that. Turning off VoLTE will not stop this issue but if anything makes it worse as you will lose video calling, WiFi calling, etc

In a years time I've tried it all even new phones, new sim cards, account reprovisioning, tier 2 support nothing can be done on our end this is with the Rogers network and them working or lack there of to resolve it.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@GJB-JWB I am also getting the same today and yesterday. It seems they have done something to make things worse. I get the failed text message but the other person gets my text.

I'm just waiting on a call from the office of the president regarding this to see whats going on, soon as I find out I'll be posting an update. Best thing anyone can do is add to the master ticket I posted

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I'm having the same issue for the last 3 days. Becoming very frustrating. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6

Highlighted
I've Been Around

There seem to be a lot of posts stating the problem, but is Rogers responding?

Samsung S7.  Messages being sent and received over and over and over.  Needs to stop!

Rogers?  You listening??

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers, are you neglecting to address a huge issue? 

This will jeopardize a large number of customer Samsung purchases in your future - if not dealt with.