Double / Failed Text Messages

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Double / Failed Text Messages

Hello 

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edege and am having the issue with getting failed or double text messages. Had the phone since launch with new sim card. I've tried factory reset as well reset on Rogers side of things. They've opened a ticket but wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

Not sure if it means anything but I have no issues with calls and get VOLTE as well can switch to roaming when in my basement at home.

Thanks in advance

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: Double / Failed Text Messages

Hi @AccordXTC

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Have you tried turning off your VoLTE on your device?

Let us know if that helps.

@RogersPrasana

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have the same issue sometimes too, however I have an iPhone. I notice this more when I'm in a weak coverage area, and the phone is switching from LTE\3G\EDGE

I'm taking a guess the issue is the network doesn't acknowledge the message was delivered and sends the message twice: once on 3G, one on LTE as an example.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I get it occasionally also on my S7E. It only happens is coverage is spotty for either myself, or the sending/receiving party.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @AccordXTC

Its only happening when there is weak coverage and the device doesn't get many bars. It's happened to me many times with every device when not in a clear Rogers view per say.

So far on my S7 edge no issues like this but I'm in Toronto / Scarborough so I get a good signal
I Plan to Stick Around

It's odd because this has happened regardless of signal coverage. 1 bar all the way to full bars nor does the person sending it from has or carrier too. I have tried with no VOLTE and when I had this issue had to escaliate the matter to the office of the president to see any resolve to the matter.

Just was trying to avoid making the long painful journey calling back and going this route.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

it's been happening a lot for me lately, and even with decent coverage and not switching between EDGE/3G/LTE. Hopefully Rogers fixes this, as it's very annoying

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I have actually had it happen quite a bit lately.
I've Been Around

This is happening with mine a lot. I will get some messages 4 or even 5 times. I live in Jasper, Alberta, so I could see it being related to switching between towers or something.

It does it even with roaming turned completely off.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask.. none of you guys are registered with Rogers One Number by any chance right? Just wanted to see if that has any relationship with the duplicate text messages.