Double / Failed Text Messages

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Double / Failed Text Messages

I have been having this trouble the past few days with my LG G5. I'm sending and receiving the same messages multiple times. Any suggestions?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Good luck... I was with Virgin before and never had the problem, made a lot of searching for Rogers and duplicate messages and tons of people have this problem and Rogers don't seem to bother at all about this general problem... 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have been getting this frequently today, so I did a search online and found this thread.   I'm going to have to go into Rogers tomorrow and try to figure this out.  Some of my messages were sent/recieved over 10 times today.  Most of my messages were not going through at all.  I'm on an S7 Edge, and I never had this issue with any of my iPhones.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You will waste your time believe me... Rogers does not care about this problem... Been that way for years on Android... I agree today has been pretty bad, same here on s7 edge...

Good luck 🙂

Highlighted

Good evening @4ler & @Rawd,

Welcome to the Forums & Thank you for your posts!

Some customers have reported experiencing issues sending texts or receiving duplicates.

We are actively working at resolving this problem and service will be restored as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

We actually greatly appreciate the feedback @CoOlSlY.

We are always very greatful when you take the time to bring issues up to our attention.

I am confident that it will be rectified shortly.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause and thank you for understanding.

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

This has been going on for days now, please hurry.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for the quick reply RogersMaude.  I am glad you are awre of the issue and working on a fix.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Actively working on the problem.....? The original poster posted may 11 2016, almost a year ago, I'm with Rogers with an s7 since October and having the issue once every few days for months like every other users, just getting used to it when it happens. Today is the worst day in the last few months though.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RogersMaude

Thank You for the update! My girlfriend has issues sending me text messages to the point I get some messages 6/7 times. She was going crazy lol ( she is crazy but I'll keep that here hahaha) . So now she knows it's not her phone then!
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Lately my s6 edge plus has been sending double messages a lot and today I was constantly getting the unable to send message notification while the recipient received 5 or 6 duplicates of the message that supposedly didn't send.