cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double / Failed Text Messages

AccordXTC
I'm a reliable contributor

Hello 

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edege and am having the issue with getting failed or double text messages. Had the phone since launch with new sim card. I've tried factory reset as well reset on Rogers side of things. They've opened a ticket but wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

Not sure if it means anything but I have no issues with calls and get VOLTE as well can switch to roaming when in my basement at home.

Thanks in advance

***Edited Labels***

118 REPLIES 118

Re: Double / Failed Text Messages

J2yyz
I've been around

Hi All!

My Samsung S7 has been sending out double text messages. To Everyone. I thought ok maybe I had a setting issue and factory reset my phone. Didn't fix anything. Then I turned off and then turned the phone on...and it fixed the problem at first then began again. I started going into my settings further to be like wth ....and people started getting annoyed...so then I started to just use whatsapp....! Whats up Rogers? What can I do?

J

robertz
I plan to stick around

I often receive two copies of the same text message, and they can come from different people on more than one other network.  Not a huge deal, but it really shouldn't happen.  Oh, and this is in both poor and strong signal areas.

Martinomac
I plan to stick around

@J2yyz disable your VoLTE and it will stop the double texts your friends receive.

This began for me in fall 2015. I've just had a report the same text arriving 8 times. My volte is off as was recommended by tech support. I've had this happen with other Rogers customers as well as wind, telus and US. It's beyond belief that in over a year it can't be fixed.

When you consider how long it takes Roger's to get out the android updates it not hard to believe they haven't fixed this issue. I have turned of my Volta and am still getting duplicate texts. Rogers, fix it already. Anybody have any other suggestions? I have tried changing apps, removing apps. I Don't know what to do next except expect my very high priced provider to give the service I'm paying for. I had issues racing call in the US and they told me to turn off the Volta. Only thing that kept happening is that every month I get duplicate unresolved open ticket texts from Rogers.  

dougmontgomery
I've been here awhile

I read from a couple posts here that you guys are getting unresolved open ticket updates from Rogers.  I was told way way back that I had an open ticket and would be among the first to hear about a fix.  Since then I have heard nothing, nada, zip.  I also agree we pay a premium price and should expect the full service and not be in limp mode to get by until a fix comes along.  Over the holidays my daughter had an issue at work and wanted to video call to show me her issue and I could not get it to work until I figured out volte had to be turned back on temporarily.

Kalypso1
I've been here awhile

I have noticed this happening a lot when I don't have data turned on. If data is on then I don't get this issue but it makes me wonder. 

Hi @Kalypso1,

Welcome to the Community :)!

Do you by any chance have an iPhone? I know that the iMessage feature is known to cause conflicts with sending and receiving messages if the data is turned off. If you don't have an iPhone, may I know what device you're using and how long have you been experiencing this issue?

RogersZia

Kalypso1
I've been here awhile

Hi,

I have an iPhone and it happens when I turn on wifi or data for those I've been having a conversation who have and iPhone, which I understand it's iMessage, but with those that have Android phones and I get their messages twice when data is turned off makes no sense. I also know of some people that just switched to Rogers with a Samsung S7 Edge and they get messages multiple times as well if data is turned off. 

Thanks!

4ler
I've been around
I have been having this trouble the past few days with my LG G5. I'm sending and receiving the same messages multiple times. Any suggestions?

CoOlSlY
I plan to stick around

Good luck... I was with Virgin before and never had the problem, made a lot of searching for Rogers and duplicate messages and tons of people have this problem and Rogers don't seem to bother at all about this general problem... 

Rawd
I've been here awhile

I have been getting this frequently today, so I did a search online and found this thread.   I'm going to have to go into Rogers tomorrow and try to figure this out.  Some of my messages were sent/recieved over 10 times today.  Most of my messages were not going through at all.  I'm on an S7 Edge, and I never had this issue with any of my iPhones.

CoOlSlY
I plan to stick around

You will waste your time believe me... Rogers does not care about this problem... Been that way for years on Android... I agree today has been pretty bad, same here on s7 edge...

Good luck 🙂

Good evening @4ler & @Rawd,

Welcome to the Forums & Thank you for your posts!

Some customers have reported experiencing issues sending texts or receiving duplicates.

We are actively working at resolving this problem and service will be restored as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

We actually greatly appreciate the feedback @CoOlSlY.

We are always very greatful when you take the time to bring issues up to our attention.

I am confident that it will be rectified shortly.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause and thank you for understanding.

RogersMaude

Drifter_77
I've been here awhile
This has been going on for days now, please hurry.

Rawd
I've been here awhile

Thank you for the quick reply RogersMaude.  I am glad you are awre of the issue and working on a fix.

CoOlSlY
I plan to stick around
Actively working on the problem.....? The original poster posted may 11 2016, almost a year ago, I'm with Rogers with an s7 since October and having the issue once every few days for months like every other users, just getting used to it when it happens. Today is the worst day in the last few months though.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RogersMaude

Thank You for the update! My girlfriend has issues sending me text messages to the point I get some messages 6/7 times. She was going crazy lol ( she is crazy but I'll keep that here hahaha) . So now she knows it's not her phone then!

Dm15
I've been around
Lately my s6 edge plus has been sending double messages a lot and today I was constantly getting the unable to send message notification while the recipient received 5 or 6 duplicates of the message that supposedly didn't send.

AccordXTC
I'm a reliable contributor
I have been dealing with this issue since I opened a ticket MAY 9 2016. This has not even come remotely close to being resolve. I am even working with the office of the president. Please don't reply something you don't know 100% on it just adds insult to injury.

CoOlSlY
I plan to stick around
I cannot agree more AccordXTC... They do nothing to permanently solve the problem...