cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Bad Experience with Upfront Edge Program

OTTAWATimms
I've been around

I had a very bad experience with rogers lately. So at the end of last year (2022), my plan was coming to an end and after the rogers outage I decide to leave rogers. So I went to the phone store to return the phone so I could cancel my plan, I gave them the phone and started my new plan with another company. I was told my upfront edge would be covered when the phone was returned. 

3 months went by and I heard nothing from rogers. Then I had checked my email, and they had sent me a email threating to send me to collections for not paying. Then I started receiving 3+ phone calls a day telling me I need to pay them and again threatening to send me to collections. 

So they kept my phone for 3 months without notifying me that it was not in the condition for them to take it back. Then threatened to send me to collections saying it will ruin my credit and on top of that they decided to add another month of service that I had to pay for even though, I had been told by Rogers store that my plan was at its end and could switch phones. 

I am going and continue to warn people about Rogers and how they may try to scam you.

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Very Bad Experience with Upfront Edge Program

RogersMaude

Hello @OTTAWATimms,

Welcome to the Rogers Community  and thanks for your post! I'm sorry to hear about the frustration caused by this situation.

Could you let us know whether you've escalated this issue to the attention of the store manager?

If they accepted your device returned and they provided you with the confirmation that you would not be charge for the Upfront Edge amount, it should be honored.

To be considered in good working condition, a device must:

• Be fully functional and free from damage
  • Power on and navigate to the home screen
  • Accept and hold a charge
  • Have the ability to perform a factory reset
  • Be free from physical damage (for example, no cracks (including to the front and back glass), dents, bending, punctures to any part of the device, including on the body, screen, keyboard and/or camera lens, no broken hinges, no dead/dark/pixelated spots, blemishes or distortions to the screen and screen/keyboard must be responsive, etc.)
  • Be free from liquid/moisture damage and there cannot be any missing components (for example, missing battery, battery cover, SIM/media tray, buttons, etc.)
  • Have all accounts, passwords and any activation locks removed and/or turned off

We cannot accept a phone that does not meet these requirements or that has been reported lost or stolen. If your phone is not in good working condition, you must repay the Upfront Edge amount.

Keep us posted!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogersMaude

Hello @OTTAWATimms,

Welcome to the Rogers Community  and thanks for your post! I'm sorry to hear about the frustration caused by this situation.

Could you let us know whether you've escalated this issue to the attention of the store manager?

If they accepted your device returned and they provided you with the confirmation that you would not be charge for the Upfront Edge amount, it should be honored.

To be considered in good working condition, a device must:

• Be fully functional and free from damage
  • Power on and navigate to the home screen
  • Accept and hold a charge
  • Have the ability to perform a factory reset
  • Be free from physical damage (for example, no cracks (including to the front and back glass), dents, bending, punctures to any part of the device, including on the body, screen, keyboard and/or camera lens, no broken hinges, no dead/dark/pixelated spots, blemishes or distortions to the screen and screen/keyboard must be responsive, etc.)
  • Be free from liquid/moisture damage and there cannot be any missing components (for example, missing battery, battery cover, SIM/media tray, buttons, etc.)
  • Have all accounts, passwords and any activation locks removed and/or turned off

We cannot accept a phone that does not meet these requirements or that has been reported lost or stolen. If your phone is not in good working condition, you must repay the Upfront Edge amount.

Keep us posted!

RogersMaude

rahul8krk
I've been around

@RogersMaude , I am facing the same issue. The store accepted my device and I also called Rogers if all is okay from my end and if I can cancel my plan and switch to chatr. They confirmed I can do anything after the end of the contract. However, I still got my bill saying I have to pay for the phone. I am trying to talk to the customer service, they are saying that as per terms and conditions I cannot port my number or allowed to move to other provider even after the end of the contract. 

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation