cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade with Upfront Edge but keep current plan?

Bokehman
I'm here a lot

Is it possible to upgrade a phone, but keep your current plan?

My partner and I are both on a Talk & Text w/2GB (No Tab) plan. Unlimited Canada-wide voice and text, call display, VM, 2500 call forwarding minutes, conference call and call waiting (we never actually use these last three). We each pay $50.85 incl. tax. We are almost never near the data limit.

On the 10GB Infinite plan, we would pay $75 + $65  + tx per mo. so we’re up to around $80/mo. each. That’s an extra $1,440 over two years.

***UPDATE***

Ok, I just logged into my account.

I can toggle between "Financing" and "No Tab".

For a 64GB iPhone 11 Pro, the Upfront Edge cost is $40.20/mo. ($58.95/mo. financing). If I toggle to "No Tab" all the financing options go away and it just says "$1,415 - No Term."

So it looks like the answer is no.

In the long run, still seems less expensive to purchase the phone outright.

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Upgrade with Upfront Edge but keep current plan?

RogersYasmine

Hello @Bokehman,

Thanks for posting and we appreciate the update! 👍

Regretfully, you are spot on--if you are planning on upgrading any of your lines on our financing option with (or without) the Upfront Edge program, you are required to do a price plan change to one of our in-market Infinite plans. I'm afraid our older plans (Share Everything, Edge 20/30/40, etc.) will not be eligible. 

Thank you,

RogersLaura

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Upgrade with Upfront Edge but keep current plan?

RogersYasmine

Hello @Bokehman,

Thanks for posting and we appreciate the update! 👍

Regretfully, you are spot on--if you are planning on upgrading any of your lines on our financing option with (or without) the Upfront Edge program, you are required to do a price plan change to one of our in-market Infinite plans. I'm afraid our older plans (Share Everything, Edge 20/30/40, etc.) will not be eligible. 

Thank you,

RogersLaura

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation