cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save & Return deadline

Irish6240
I've been here awhile

So I will be out of the country but returning the day after my Save&Return deadline. I have many questions so I'll apologize upfront. (1) Is there any grace period if I choose to simply return the phone? (2) If I Do get another phone (either finance or lease) does that change anything re: grace period? (3) If I return it early, and get a new one, say now, and I'm receiving an RPP credit, will the amount I have to pay be the amount that is down on my bill under "Amount remaing to be financed" or will it be the full amount without the credit? (4) I detest doing this through the mail, can I go to a store to returnmy phone regardless? There are at least 4 within 3 blocks of me.

**Labels Updated**

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Save & Return deadline

RogersYasmine

Greetings @Irish6240 ,

Thanks for being a part of our community! I'll do my best to provide answers to each of your questions below. 🙂

(1) Is there any grace period if I choose to simply return the phone?

If you choose to return your device without completing a hardware upgrade to a new device, then you'll need to return your device in good working condition at any time during the last month of your Device Financing Term. If you wait to return your device after your term ends, you will be automatically charged for the Save & Return amount.

(2) If I Do get another phone (either finance or lease) does that change anything re: grace period?

Yes, if you decide to compete a hardware upgrade to a new device, then you can do so within 60 days of your Device Financing Term expiry date and will be able to return your old device during that time.

(3) If I return it early, and get a new one, say now, and I'm receiving an RPP credit, will the amount I have to pay be the amount that is down on my bill under "Amount remaing to be financed" or will it be the full amount without the credit?

If not completing a device upgrade, you can only return your Save & Return device during the final month of your financing term. If you attempt to return it BEFORE the final month of your term, this is considered a breach of contract and is equivalent to 'cancelling the agreement' before it can be fulfilled. 

If, for any reason, the wireless service you subscribed to when you purchased your device is cancelled or transferred, you may no longer participate in the Save & Return program and must repay your Save & Return credit at the time of that cancellation. Once you cancel or transfer, you no longer have the option to return your device. We will charge the Save & Return credit on your next bill along with any other applicable charges (e.g., your total outstanding device financing balance).

(4) I detest doing this through the mail, can I go to a store to return my phone regardless? There are at least 4 within 3 blocks of me.

You can return your phone to any participating Rogers store (call the store ahead to confirm), or by calling Customer Care (1-888-764-3771). If you’re upgrading to a new device at one of our retail stores, you can return it at that time. For upgrades done online or through Customer Care, a return kit will be shipped to you so that you can return your device.

I hope I've answered all of your questions!

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Irish6240
I've been here awhile
So, to be clear, I can't simply return the phone early, pay the remaining balance on the term and call it quits? Does this change if I get a new phone now (from Rogers)? Here's what i want to do... I want to return my existing phone (now, 4 months early) , and then get a new phone (like this month) ALL BEFORE I leave the country and, as I've said, 4 months early?. What are these implications?

Babylegs1
I'm a reliable contributor

you will be billed the remaining financing

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation