cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Account Support not helpful

kevins1
I've been here awhile

We left Rogers because they are the worst telecom company in North America and we should allow other companies like sprint, Virigin to come in and put this company in its place. I cancelled my service in March of 2022 and paid the remainder of my balance and their was a credit of $88. They than charged me $459 for unreturned equipment which was returned. They found the equipment closed the case said we had over paid our bill by $500 and sent me a cheque in the mail. I was assured on 3 separate accounts I did not owe anything. Than 2 months later I get bills saying I owe $518 for unreturned equipment. I have been on support multiple times and they assured me equipment was found and I am good. Now after 14 months they are telling me they double credited my account please pay us the $518 the low level support couldn't do anything and  send me to a Manager who did nothing . Now I have spent 3 + hours on support and owe a billion dollar company $500 because their accountant messed up. I want the highest support I can get where do I go for this. I'm seriously considering swapping our business off of Rogers as well because they are not helpful or useful.

**Labels Added**

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Rogers Account Support not helpful

RogersMaude

Good day @kevins1,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for bringing this up to our attention.

We appreciate you letting us know of the situation surrounding the unreturned equipment charge and we'd like the opportunity to take a deeper look into this.

Please send a message to @CommunityHelps so we can discuss privately and gain access to your account. To know more about our private messaging system, click here.

RogersMaude

kevins1
I've been here awhile

Talked with the support today AGAIN. Nothing they can do/Nothing they will do. I cannot wait until we actually get new telecom companies in Canada and rogers profits hurt.

@kevins1, despite your frustration at the moment, and I can't say that I blame you, let @RogersMaude or one of the other moderators take a crack at this, hopefully to clear it up for good.  

I would say the same to anyone else having problems with Account Support.  Message the moderators at @CommunityHelps and let them look into the problem. 

kevins1
I've been here awhile

They tried but were unwilling to go up the ladder and get the help I deserve after wasting countless hours with this issue. I literally have a chat from support telling me I do not owe anything and still they won't help or even reduce it too make this payment more manageable just my problem to deal with. **removed chat logs -- Keep personal info private** - RogersZia

LCOOK01
I've been around
I completely agree. My mother a senior updated her cable/internet on August 10,2023 and there was a balance of -157.71 which should have been credited to the new account. Not sure why they changed account #s if your not completely closing accounts??. Anyways, Rogers owes my mother 157.71 and keeps telling her there is a cheque in the mail and another rep told her that it will be credited and now another rep has told her someone will call her on November 20, 2023. WTH? Why can’t they just credit the account. My mother is still having issues having called over 20 times in last 3 months. This is insane. theft and abuse to seniors and the average hard working person. Something needs to be done with all these big companies robbing people.

Hi @LCOOK01,

We thank you for joining the conversation here on the Rogers Community Forums! If a cheque was issued for the remaining balance on the account, it should be received within 3 weeks from the day the refund is processed. If it still has not been received than we can take a further look into the account to see if there are any updates.

Please feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our private messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Regards
RogersJermaine

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation