cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning leaded phone

dlharnaha
I've been around

So I have been with Rogers for 25 years I go and request a mailing label to return my cellphone and they tell me that it has not been returned by June 3 that I am forced to buy it now this seems like a shakedown by Rogers because I choose not to continue buying phones from them I quarantine if they don't accept it I am going to Bell or another supplier I haven't been happy with them but it seems like a pretty dumb business decision on their part to shake a customer down anyone else experience this?

***Edited Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Returning leaded phone

RogersYasmine

Hello @dlharnaha ,

Firstly, we certainly appreciate your loyalty over the past 25 years, that is a long time! We would certainly hate to see you go. 😞

Based on your description, it sounds like you may have opted for our Save & Return program (formerly known as Upfront Edge) at the time that you purchased your device. Do you recall doing that? There would have been paperwork and/or an email provided to you with all of the details of the offer for reference. If this is the case, then this option would have allowed you to receive an additional 'Save & Return' discount off of the cost of your device to help bring the monthly financing fee down. As such, you would have agreed to do one of the following things:

1. Return the device in good condition during the final month of your 24-month term. 

2. Complete an upgrade to a new device within 60 days of your term end date AND return the current device to us in good condition. 

3. Keep the current device and pay back the original discount received under the Save & Return program.

By not returning the device within the final month of your term, and deciding not to proceed with an upgrade to a new device within 60 days of your term end date, this would mean that you no longer qualify to return your device without incurring a penalty. We appreciate your understanding in this matter. 

For more info on how the Save & Return program works, please check out our FAQs. If you have any additional questions or concerns, kindly let us know.

Thank you,

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation