cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

pujarawal
I've been here awhile

I wanted to understand about wifi calling and other roaming charges. I am currently travelling to a different country. I wanted to know following things:
1. If my roaming data is turned off and I dont keep the phone on airplane mode in order to receive OTPs and other texts, will I be charged for it since I am not sending anything and just receiving it?

2. I did not enable wifi-calling feature while in Canada, so can I enable it now in a different country. What are the usage and benefits of the same and will I be charged for anything. Can I remove the air plane mode then? Whats the benefit of wifi-calling?

*Added Labels*

1 REPLY 1

Re: Roaming

RogersMoin

Hello, @pujarawal.

We welcome you to our Community and thank you for your post. We appreciate your questions.

1. If my roaming data is turned off and I dont keep the phone on airplane mode in order to receive OTPs and other texts, will I be charged for it since I am not sending anything and just receiving it?

Receiving texts should not trigger roaming. However, we have seen that the services/apps running in the background can still trigger roaming even when the roaming data is off. So, please beware of that. 

2. I did not enable wifi-calling feature while in Canada, so can I enable it now in a different country. What are the usage and benefits of the same and will I be charged for anything. Can I remove the air plane mode then? Whats the benefit of wifi-calling?

Sorry, you can't enable the WiFi calling outside of Canada. Please check our support article for details about WiFi calling: WiFi Calling - Everything You Need to Know - Rogers.

Let us know if you have further questions. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation