cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How early can i return a phone and not pay upfront edge charge

woody99
I've been here awhile

I have 4 months remaining on my contract for 2 lines, looking to get out of the contract and return the phones.

I realize I will have to pay the device balance, but if I return the phones early do I pay the upfront edge?

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How early can i return a phone and not pay upfront edge charge

Babylegs1
I plan to stick around

What happens if I cancel or transfer my wireless services during my 2-year term?

If, for any reason, the wireless service you subscribed to when you purchased your device is canceled or transferred, you may no longer participate in the Upfront Edge program and must repay your Upfront Edge Amount at the time of that cancellation. Once you cancel or transfer, you no longer have the option to return your device. We will charge the Upfront Edge Amount on your next bill along with any other applicable charges (e.g., your total outstanding device financing balance).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersCorey

Greetings @woody99!

As long as the phones are returned in good working condition, you do not have to buy out the Upfront Edge amount. Only the remaining device balance needs to be paid off.

However, if you cancel before paying off the device balance, the Upfront Edge amount is charged out to you with no option to return the device.

Hope that answers your question! 🙂

Regards,

RogersCorey

woody99
I've been here awhile

That's not what i was told by several people at rogers who all had different answers at first. there was no clear answer from any of them. In the end the answer was i had to pay it if i switched to another provider. 

My experience with rogers over the past month has been the most unpleasant , wanted to add another line, cant do that, wanted to switch to a business plan, have to cancel my plan first and pay all charges, then wait 30 days to make any upgrades. 

In the end switched to another provider's business plan.

Bye bye rogers should have done this long ago

Babylegs1
I plan to stick around

What happens if I cancel or transfer my wireless services during my 2-year term?

If, for any reason, the wireless service you subscribed to when you purchased your device is canceled or transferred, you may no longer participate in the Upfront Edge program and must repay your Upfront Edge Amount at the time of that cancellation. Once you cancel or transfer, you no longer have the option to return your device. We will charge the Upfront Edge Amount on your next bill along with any other applicable charges (e.g., your total outstanding device financing balance).

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation