cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Down Payment Dispute

ygsk18
I've been here awhile

I recently moved from Telus to Rogers with new plan - 15GB Rogers Infinite plan with Device Financing on Jun 18, 2021. I made an upfront down payment of $271.20 (including taxes) on the same day (Jun 18, 2021) as part of the order to Rogers Communication, Brampton. I got confirmation email and receipt hard copy by mail for the downpayment made. But the amount is still shown as unpaid amount in subsequent bills till date.

I followed up with Rogers customer service since first billing in July and raised multiple cases to investigate and resolve the billing. They asked to forward the receipt copy by mail and email and I sent them. In spite of following up on the case and sending the proof of payment by mail and email (receipt and order confirmation email mentioning Downpayment amount being paid), it’s stressful to see how my payment is not reflected in Rogers billing still. I’m receiving calls and messages to pay outstanding amount (which I already paid while placing the order) with penalty. It’s annoying and vexing to get this issue resolved with Rogers Billing and Customer service.

Any thought or guidance would be helpful.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Device Down Payment Dispute

ygsk18
I've been here awhile
Good Morning Laura,

Thanks for getting back, yes I did called Rogers Direct who provided Invoice for my device purchase and receipt of down payment. Seems like there was an disconnect between the rogers customer support for billing and Rogersdirect payments. They updated yesterday to reflect in my account and resolved the issue. Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RogersYasmine

Good day, @ygsk18!

A warm welcome to the Rogers community and congrats on your first post here. 🙂

After reading your post I can definitely understand your reason for being upset. This is most certainly not how we would have liked your onboarding experience to go. Hopefully, we can get everything back on track. 

I know that you've been back and forth with our customer care folks trying to get the matter resolved. When did you submit your proof of payment by mail/email? Since then, have you received any follow-ups?

By any chance, did you make your way back to the store where the purchase and payment was made with the original paperwork to inquire? They should have been able to reach out to their Retail Support Group to help investigate and get it resolved. 

We look forward to hearing back from you!

RogersLaura

ygsk18
I've been here awhile
Good Morning Laura,

Thanks for getting back, yes I did called Rogers Direct who provided Invoice for my device purchase and receipt of down payment. Seems like there was an disconnect between the rogers customer support for billing and Rogersdirect payments. They updated yesterday to reflect in my account and resolved the issue. Thanks.

ShannaThompson
I've been here awhile
I’ve been on a family plan with Rogers for almost 10 years. Our family broke off into individual lines for a couple months now. During those months we had a major loss in our family which lead to a temporary finical difficulty. I just made a $500 bill payment and wanted to upgrade myself an spouses phone. You guys want $900 upfront from me because of the missed payment. Which I’ve called and explain during the time what was going on. I feel like after keeping my promise before the due date and paying more than I promised to do also with my phone being down for a week because of this company and loss of work for a week. I shouldn’t have to dish out $800 for a phone. I’m staying with a company who’s let me and my family down plenty of times. That $800 should be over ride. It’s simply not fair. I don’t want to switch providers even though I’m given every reason to. Please waive the fee so I can upgrade my spouse and myself.

Good afternoon @ShannaThompson,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your 10-year loyalty! I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment. We surely want to help you obtain a new device as soon as possible

For customers purchasing a subsidized device, a security deposit may be required depending on the credit option and it must be paid before the upgrade is completed. If a security deposit is necessary, each subscriber has to pay the applicable security deposit amount.

Security deposits are automatically released if an automated re-evaluation or new credit evaluation offers a $0 security deposit option, as long as it has been held for minimum of 12 months. On the first billing cycle after the 12-month period, the system determines the refund eligibility based on the current risk class of the account at time of billing. If the initial 12-month period has passed and the account is not eligible, re-evaluation is processed on a monthly basis until the deposit can be released.

You can ask to see if a deposit can be lowered, in the instance where you're on automatic payment or if you do a re-evaluation of your risk credit class once you've paid your invoices on time.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

RogersMaude

Doesn’t make any sense, I just paid off a 2 year contract. But you want a deposit for an upgrade. I’ll switch to bell. Thanks.
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 in conversation