cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bango.com/Google charges on my Rogers Bill

Xdj
I plan to stick around

Greetings All,
I have been billed close to $100 for movie purchases and rentals that I never made from a tablet number that the SIM card has been removed from.
Rogers tells me they can't do anything as I have to contact Bango since they are the provider and Google because it was their movies.
I never heard of Bango until today and there are no confirmation emails on my google email address connected to my tablet.
How do I get a refund and how do I stop this from happening again.
And no, my email address has not been compromised!

Thanks,
C

***Edited Labels***

91 REPLIES 91

Re: Bango.com/Google charges on my Rogers Bill

DP14
I'm here a lot
This is really unbelievable; seems like all of us have received the “free tablet” and then suffer with these fraudulent charges. What a total scam!! I wouldn’t doubt Rogers is in on this with Bango.
Bottom line is, if Rogers is asking for the money, then Rogers is responsible to provide a receipt for the charges along with supporting documentation.
I think it may be time that we all move on to different providers as it seems Rogers doesn’t care about its customers.
On an unrelated topic, Rogers no longer provides a free phone upgrade on 2 year contract. So my bill was 85/month, now it’s $75/month but if I want a phone I’d have to finance one for approx $50/month. So why didn’t my bill go down $50?!? The way I see it, my bill went up $40 per month because I am getting less?? What is with this company?!? Don’t they have enough money?? Greed......

MSWebb
I'm here a lot

This is happening on a bring your device plan. I did not take an offered tablet. I was offered a plan for my existing device (no contract, etc). Rogers messed up the settings on the account and failed to cancel to another account that I had and was no longer using and now these charges. 

Rogers - fix your backend

Bob8888
I plan to stick around

Check out page 35 of the CCTS Annotated Guide to the Wireless Code, specifically "E.4 Unsolicited wireless services"
       (i) A service provider must not charge for any device or service that the customer has not expressly purchased.

It may be worth filing a complaint to CCTS regarding the ongoing Bango/Rogers 3rd party billing problem.  If enough customers complain, maybe some action will be undertaken.  I've done it, however the resolution didn't result in any action being taken against Rogers.  Remember that there's power in numbers........the more that people complain, the better the chance that something will actually be done. 

Thompson123
I've been here awhile
A complaint to CCTS does seem to be the best way to deal with this problem. I also sent a complaint and it was accepted. Rogers contacted me from the office of the president however I had received a refund from Bango in the process of it so I ended up voicing my opinion and ultimately dropping the complaint since what I asked for was a refund and that was resolved albeit not with any help from Rogers. They still show no interest in looking into this reoccurring issue which is troubling, but with the “free” tablet they offered it makes it harder to switch providers since “free” means you would have to buy out the contract of that tablet ($160 in my case) to leave.
I’ve never seen any company turn a blind eye to a glaring issue that is affecting so many.

Xdj
I plan to stick around

Thanks, Bob8888 for that information!

True, power in numbers!

X

How long did you wait before filing a complaint through the CCTS process. I can't file one yet as I have just started this process.

Frankchen
I've been here awhile
Thanks Bob8888, Where to filling a complaint to CCTS.?

Bob8888
I plan to stick around

Bob8888
I plan to stick around

believe that it was about a week

Frankchen
I've been here awhile
thanks.

Frankchen
I've been here awhile
I have already submitted the complain to CCTS, we need take action to stop this issue happen. I just received the Jan 2021's Bill, it happen again, from Bango...

The more I work with Bango to have this addressed, the more scammy they sound. By the time they get around to doing a refund they would have a lot of information on me. Check out the latest request...

Thank you for your latest message concerning this matter. As you've mentioned the mobile number given is associated with an Apple iPad, we are in need of more information to help us look into this situation further.

Action required:

Send us a screenshot of the receipt for the iPad's purchase
Send us a screenshot of the contract with the carrier when services began on the line in question.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
Kind regards,

XXXXXXX - Bango Customer Support

Re: RE: Bango.com/Google charges on my Rogers Bill

sembalukhart
I've been here awhile
The exact same thing has happened to me 3 times now, most recently on this months bill!!!
Google was no help, tried emailing a company called bango.com and got no reply. Called Rogers support and got no help there either.

What’s even worse is that this is happening on my iPad, which doesn’t even have or support a google account!!!!!

Xdj
I plan to stick around

I'm sorry to hear you are having fraudulent charges on your account.

Have you contacted Rogers to block 3rd party charges and Direct Carrier Billing? I also requested the cell# be changed for the device that is having the issues. This will prevent further fraudulent charges connected to your device on the old #.

I know this doesn't help with the charges at the moment but should stop further charges from occurring.

I'm not sure if you have read through this thread from the beginning but you are not alone and it seems that Rogers has not figured out what is happening.

It's been over a year since I had issues and fraudulent charges are still happening to people and there's no paper trail to follow when charges are made.

All I can suggest is to continue to contact the parties involved and keep pleading your case. As well, read through this thread from the beginning to see what others have done.

Good luck,

X

NN91
I've been here awhile

I am currently experiencing the same issue. I was charged $39.99 for a karaoke application, which was never purchased by me or anyone else who has access to the tablets (only my husband and I have access to them. And no, we do not have children).

I've spoken to a total of 3 Rogers reps, and they have each told me that they cannot do anything about the charges and that I need to contact Bango for a refund. I have contacted the usersupport email provided for Bango and I am waiting for them to reply. One of the reps even told me that "this company does this sort of thing all the time and I've had another customer request the same thing today." So if that's the situation, why is this company still able to do this!? Why haven't they been stopped?!

The last rep is currently trying to suspend all third party applications from making any charges to the wireless numbers in my account. Let's hope this works ... Still waiting on Bango to reply to me about my refund.

MSWebb
I'm here a lot

Watch what info Bango is asking for as well. Initially they will ask for information you can't provide (because this is a fraudulent charge) and then they will want more personal details (which sounds an awful lot like building a false profile). I wasn't able to get a refund until I pushed back on providing any more details and that I would report them to my local authorities as fraud.

MSWebb
I'm here a lot

Rogers is still refusing to block this or any other third party charges on my account.

NN91
I've been here awhile

Thank you for the head's up, @MSWebb!! I will definitely be on the lookout for any suspicious questions. I just got off the phone with the Rogers rep, and he was able to suspend all third party applications from making any future charges to my account, which is a relief.

The only problem left is Bango ...

coral1
I've been around
Why am i being charged for a app i never purchased or uploads and being charged 29.99 on my Roger's account!!!!

Good day, @coral1!

Welcome and congrats on your first post here in the Rogers community! 🙂

Receiving unexpected third party charges on your invoice can definitely be both a shock and a disappointment. Just to confirm, how long have you had the phone number that is associated to these charges?

Also, have you had a chance to sift through this thread? There are quite a few posts that help address your concerns. Please check out this post by @RogersRob which contains some helpful info on how to reach out to the third party vendor to inquire about the charges and have the subscription cancelled if needed. There is also a link to some steps on how to add password protection against unwanted in-app purchases there as well.

If you would like our help in blocking any further charges from the third party in question, feel free to send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps and we'll be happy to assist! For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

Topic Stats